Canon T2i ML 2.3 - LED Screen: light dark light dark at 3 sec. intervals

Started by skycam, January 25, 2015, 06:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skycam

I have a Canon T2i that I use in movie mode. I recently started using ML 2.3. I was having some battery issues and through the frustration or swapping batteries, turning the camera on and off many times I might have shut the camera down improperly and thereby screwed up my Magic Lantern (?) I have heard that this can happen. Everything seems to be working fine but when ML is active upon startup my LCD screen cycles from a proper display to a very much darker one then back to the proper one and so on. It happens at approx 3 second intervals and I have no idea what could be causing this. Id I bypass ML upon startup the LCD functions as normal so I believe that it is related to ML.

I also just noticed that if I attempt to record and playback video with ML active the playback is like a rapid flashing strobe light.

I am very new to ML so I have no idea how to address this. Any thoughts on this?

dmilligan

Sounds like you enabled 'HDR Video'. Reset all ML settings. Also consider updating to a more recent version: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=14280.0