Unique Problem: Recover MLV and H.264 files shot on 5DM3

Started by Canon eos m, May 17, 2014, 07:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canon eos m

Hi all,

On a recent trip, I shot a lot of video and stills all either as dual_iso or mlv and some as h.264.

The Komputerbay 128gb 1000x used for the project failed to read.

I then used the ZAR 92 to recover the files. The stills and mlv were saved with the .tiff extension. The h.264 were saved as .mov files. And there were some .mp4 files that I think we're the .idx files originally.

I can open the .tiff stills and convert using cr2hdr. But the rest are not openable. Is there anything I can do to recover my lost files? All help is appreciated. The original files are not available anymore since the card is formatted.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

Canon eos m

No one to help.  :(

I lost my .mlv & h.264 files for good.

Have decided to stay with .raw and h.264 in future (since I have a feeling the cards are taking a beating crashing each time the card fills up and throws an error or cannot handle the sound and .mlv module at the same time).

Backing up is another good practice to follow.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

Audionut

When trying to recover data from a corrupt file system, the secret is not to overwrite the existing data, until successful confirmation of recovery.