Raw Render Times

Started by feureau, March 10, 2014, 03:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feureau

Hey guize
Wondering what your render time is for raw videos?

I'm converting the DNGs into DNxHD and 10,525 frames has been rendering for more than 12 hours now, and it's only gone through about half of that.

I'm converting this using AfterFX (with adobe camera raw) and rendering with Adobe Media Encoder.

Wondering if this is normal or is there a better converter?

Thanks

andy kh

you should not be using ACR if you have so many clips or a very long clip. its not practical. yeah if you want to test with few clips, it might be possible. if you are a film maker use resolve. it wil save a lot of time as it wil render in real time.
5D Mark III - 70D

kgv5

Quote from: feureau on March 10, 2014, 03:26:15 AM
Hey guize
Wondering what your render time is for raw videos?

I'm converting the DNGs into DNxHD and 10,525 frames has been rendering for more than 12 hours now, and it's only gone through about half of that.

I'm converting this using AfterFX (with adobe camera raw) and rendering with Adobe Media Encoder.

Wondering if this is normal or is there a better converter?

Thanks

SPEED - Thats why i switched back to resolve and i want to learn it. In real life this theoretically better ACR debayer algorithm is not visible to me in 1:1 view. Plus resolve has genious raw sharpening tool. AFX render times are not acceptable for me.
I just get to know that one of my favourite movies from 2013 - RUSH has beed graded with resolve :) If its good for Ron Howard i think it would be also good for most of us ;)
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

feureau

Thanks for the response! I've downloaded resolve and trying it out! :D