Recent posts

Hardware and Accessories / Re: can cables of different ca...
Last post by Skinny - Today at 08:37:08 PM
Short answer - it doesn't matter how thin or thick the cable is, you can connect whatever you want and everything will be fine.

But the camera draws some current (for example, 2 amps or more for 5D2), so if you are using an actual battery - 18650 cells or a power bank - then you may want to use thicker wires whenever possible. To minimize losses and have more efficient setup (longer battery life).
So it is good to use thick wires, but if you are powering everything from ac/dc adapter then there will be no real difference.

I say this because I used relatively thin wires with cheap case for 2x 18650, and I measured about 0.1v voltage loss, it is 200mW or more wasted. Not much, but anyway..
Quote from: iaburn on March 10, 2024, 07:39:31 PMI'm curious to see if there is a visible gain or not with dual ISO on the 200D  :D

I now have a decent set of test files.  Sunlit window scene with shadows and a range of colours.  Shots taken in 100/100 up to 100/3200.  Three sets, exposing for ISO 100: "ETTR-ish" (about 1 stop overexposed?), 2-stops under, and 4-stops under (this one includes 100/6400).  Why under?  Because Walter took a look at the first set and said they were weird; good highlight recovery but not much change to dark areas.  So perhaps 200D prefers it the opposite way to old cams.

If you want to compare, DM me for the links.  It's about 250MB per set.
Appreciate your effort, thanks, somehow I came to simular conclusions —- I just hoped maybe the developer posted somewhere on this forum about his objectives and his progresses, and some ML hero member would recall the posts.

Guess I will skip that repo. I started playing around on my repo, will post when I have at least a PoC.
Quote from: vastunghia on May 18, 2024, 06:48:29 PMEDIT: anyone can explain gitHub-based cedricp/MLVFS commits dated Jun - Jul 2022? His work seems to be based on commit 9f81918 [May 31, 2016].

I only skimmed this, and the commit comments aren't very helpful.  Some of the work is definitely based on the bitbucket dmilligan repo.  Just copy pasted, so you lose the commit history :(  You will want to cross ref these two repos, I would guess.  Some of the work is similar and for the same feature: lossless MLV support.  The cedricp repo also adds cmake build support (?) and moves a bunch of files around.  Perhaps this is important, perhaps not.  No explanation is given for why this is done.

Actually properly determining what these changes do is several hours work.  I'm not volunteering, sorry!
Raw Video Postprocessing / Re: MLVFS - a FUSE based, "on ...
Last post by Danne - Today at 04:12:53 PM
What to explain about?
It would be great if you manage to speed up things.
Last post by yolao - May 18, 2024, 08:59:27 PM
Thanks Walter. I will try that.

My concern was if that it could be some kind of noise (sort of speak) in the battery current. The thinner cable is a cable for the dummy battery that i cut out and the thicker one is a cable that goes directly to a battery adapter plate that will use an NP-F battery.

What about the other option?... Connect the dummy cable, the thinner one, directly to the battery adapter plate with power connector?
Last post by Walter Schulz - May 18, 2024, 07:52:03 PM
Remove solder. Straighten strands. Twist both cable strands together. If unable there are 2 options:
- Remove some strands from thicker one. Then twist.
- Isolate thinner cable longer. Use thicker cable as "core" for thinner cable.

Last post by yolao - May 18, 2024, 07:40:39 PM
Quote from: Walter Schulz on May 18, 2024, 07:33:30 PMSorry, unclear description.

You need to insert both cable ends (4 wires) to terminal screws?

Those cables need to be connected together Walter, to conform a single cable. So my concern was if it was ok to connect them since there are of different caliber.
Last post by Walter Schulz - May 18, 2024, 07:33:30 PM
Sorry, unclear description.

You need to insert both cable ends (4 wires) to terminal screws?
Hardware and Accessories / can cables of different calibe...
Last post by yolao - May 18, 2024, 07:11:53 PM
Hi

So i have two cables (the thinner one is the one that goes to the dummy battery and the thicker to the battery adapter plate). But my doubt is that as you can see they are different caliber. Is there a problem with that?

The other option could be to connect the thinner cable, the one that goes to the dummy battery, directly to the battery adapter plate with a power connector that goes to the 7.4v port.

Which option is better?

Thanks