Can I install ML on a 64gb micro sdxc card? (SOLVED)

Started by shanethrice, August 05, 2015, 09:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shanethrice

Hey all, I'm having a little bit of trouble installing magic lantern. I first successfully installed ML with my 8gb sdhc card. I want to to a RAW timelapse so I would like to use ma 64gb micro sdxc card. but when i how to update the firmware on the card it would say that there is no files to update so I put the newest canon firmware on the card as well.  this time, when I update the firmware, i have the option to upgrade to canons firmware or magic lantern. I can update to the canon firmware, but the ML firmware always comes back with an error message. any ideas? thanks in advance.

Walter Schulz

Format card in cam. Insert card into cardreader. Use EOScard (Windows) or MacBoot (OS X) or Make_bootable.sh (OS X, Linux) to make card bootable. Wipe files and directories from card. Copy extracted ML files over.

shanethrice

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! I was pulling my hair out on this one, Sorry if you get that question all the time, and again THANK YOU! You really are a hero!

Walter Schulz

Good to know that posting a small technical advice without taking any personal risk and very, very little effort nowadays constitutes heroism.