200D shoots raw video

Started by names_are_hard, February 09, 2024, 04:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

names_are_hard

Quote from: falconWhat's the status of the 200D project? Is it getting close to release

I continue to work on it.  Dual iso will have a sensible, normal GUI soon.  Raw video will happen after that, perhaps another month or two.

falcon

Quote from: names_are_hard on May 05, 2024, 12:56:12 AMI continue to work on it.  Dual iso will have a sensible, normal GUI soon.  Raw video will happen after that, perhaps another month or two.
Very nice!

falcon

How close a relative is M100? If something happens, will it be an easy port?

kitor

Won't happen. M100 runs PowerShot firmware flavour - thus it is CHDK target.
Too many Canon cameras.
If you have a dead R or RP mainboard (e.g. after camera repair) and want to donate for experiments, I'll cover shipping costs.

names_are_hard

Quote from: iaburn on March 10, 2024, 07:39:31 PMI'm curious to see if there is a visible gain or not with dual ISO on the 200D  :D

I now have a decent set of test files.  Sunlit window scene with shadows and a range of colours.  Shots taken in 100/100 up to 100/3200.  Three sets, exposing for ISO 100: "ETTR-ish" (about 1 stop overexposed?), 2-stops under, and 4-stops under (this one includes 100/6400).  Why under?  Because Walter took a look at the first set and said they were weird; good highlight recovery but not much change to dark areas.  So perhaps 200D prefers it the opposite way to old cams.

If you want to compare, DM me for the links.  It's about 250MB per set.