Recent posts

General Help Q&A / Re: Pink frames in photos?
Last post by Rezz - Today at 03:47:46 PM
First shot outdoors had a pink frame...I'm testing latest nightly now.

Quote from: Danne on Today at 03:27:54 PMMost pink frames will origin from having histogram, zebras or other features enabled. Did not check your first post deeply yet.
I got pink frames even with everything disabled (not only photo features disabled where possible, but also everything on the video side, sd overclocking etc.). I also cleared the camera settings in the Canon menu.

It's not the end of the world, if I can't get rid of pink frames, I'll just use a card with stock Canon firmware for everyday carry and put another card with ML in my pocket just in case I'd want to film raw.

Thanks for the help!
Last post by Danne - Today at 03:27:54 PM
My first attempt is a more of a testing the living hell out of things and from a non coder background. There are a few good ideas and most operations will work fine but there will probably be a few restarts here and there.
Crop mood build is much more gentle as the crop rec code is much more robust.

Most pink frames will origin from having histogram, zebras or other features enabled. Did not check your first post deeply yet.

The branch @names_are_hard is referring to was the better branch for a lot of things so it's still a good alternative.
Last post by Rezz - Today at 03:02:30 PM
Thanks guys. I wanted to install the lua fix built, but for some reason I had Dannes crop_mood.2024Feb19_Custom.EOSM202 copied to the clipboard, so I'll test this one first. :D

The build I had on this card before was actually the one from Zeek. (Sorry Danne :D ) When I bought the Eos M, I tested several builds (latest nightly, crop mood, Dannes) and the one that worked best for me for video was the one from Zeek. I've not had any corrupted files or any other major problems (and I did shoot for several hours, often late into the night, indoors, outdoors, in the sun, in forests and it always delivered), but it occasionally happened that clicking around the menu would cause issues, for example the custom startup presets caused the camera UI to almost freeze.

The Eos M makes for a great everyday carry camera, especially with a small zoom lens! I initially bought it for filming raw, but recently I've had it in my bag every day, on some days I just walked around the city the whole afternoon shooting all kinds of interesting or funny looking stuff.
It's great to have such a small camera around the neck!

Btw, interesting I didn't find anything about pink frames in photos. Maybe it's indeed related to the version I was using and I guess the majority of users of that build will shoot raw videos.
Last post by names_are_hard - Today at 02:15:17 PM
Ah, I see - yeah I think that would fit with what people report.  I didn't realise there were multiple "Danne's builds"!
Last post by Danne - Today at 01:02:05 PM
My older build is not so stable but the build derived from bilals code is rock solid shared in above link.
The branch you are referring to lacks a lot of functionalities but also a few bugs not taken care of. I would not recommend it over crop mood.
Last post by names_are_hard - Today at 12:37:50 PM
That's not my experience hanging out in discord and dealing with bug reports :)

Also, it's a good test using another build: if it never does this with lua_fix build, it's strong evidence the problem is something to do with the changes between the builds.
Last post by Danne - Today at 11:35:25 AM
This is the most stable, worked upon build so far. No need for multiple versions.
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=27084.0
Raw Video / Re: I am trying to come back t...
Last post by a.sintes - Today at 06:06:05 AM
you're right Bilal, the resolution of the video above was 1920x804 (2.39 aspect ratio) before upscaling, don't remember how I get the 8 extra pixels...
Raw Video / Re: I am trying to come back t...
Last post by theBilalFakhouri - Yesterday at 11:38:37 PM
5D3 can't shoot in 1920x1080 @ 60 FPS in 3x3 Binning because of slow sensor , however IIRC you can get these:

-1920x1080 @ 45 FPS 3x3
-1920x1040 @ 48 FPS 3x3
-1920x960 @ 50 FPS 3x3
-1920x800 @ 60 FPS 3x3
-1920x648 @ 60 FPS in 5x3 (1920x1080 after de-squeezing)
Last post by names_are_hard - Yesterday at 11:03:03 PM
Do you have two SD cards?  If so, an easy fix might be use a more stable, less buggy build when you want to take photos.  You'd need to swap cards, which might be annoying for you.  If that sounds like it might be okay, try lua_fix: https://builds.magiclantern.fm/experiments.html