AEB/Flash Question

Started by osmo, October 07, 2015, 07:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

osmo

I asked this awhile back and never got any response to the question. When using the AEB settings with the stock firmware when I would take a shot with my canon flash on it would disable the bracketing, is there a way to accomplish this with magic lantern also?

Walter Schulz

I'm not getting the concept/rationale. Please describe a scenario where exposure bracketing by shutter/aperture manipulation together with ETTL flash makes sense.

osmo

The way I do photos is to do a bracketed set of shots and then a separate flash frame which I layer in to bring back in some of the wood colors and such. So basically what I want to happen is to set my AEB and take my bracketed shots and then be able to turn on my flash and take a single photo w/o having to go in and manually turn off AEB. Currently with the stock canon firmware this is how it is now.

Walter Schulz

That's a question for dmilligan: Is LUA scripting able to detect if external flash is active?

dmilligan

Quote from: Walter Schulz on October 07, 2015, 10:40:17 PM
That's a question for dmilligan: Is LUA scripting able to detect if external flash is active?
Yes. Register a property handler for STROBO_FIRING.

Quote from: osmo on October 07, 2015, 10:08:22 PM
Currently with the stock canon firmware this is how it is now.
ML does not replace the stock firmware, it simply runs on top of it. ML only adds features, and you can enable/disable them as you see fit. If there's some particular feature of the stock firmware that you like, it will still be there with ML running.