Re install ML each time

Started by inky38, October 21, 2012, 02:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inky38

I'm currently using the 7D ML Alpha.

Call me crazy, but I quite like the idea of installing ML only when I need it.   It installs so quickly, it is really no problem.

So the question is,

Is it possible to run it this way (without auto boot assuming that issue gets resolved) when we get the final release

ilguercio

What's the point in that? Do you guys EVER read the instructions? You can bypass ML loading at startup by keeping SET pressed so i really see no point in installing ML when you need it. What if you can't have access to a computer while on a trip? Install it and use it only when you need it.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

inky38

Wow

Do you guys NEVER think that people actually read the instructions?

I am well aware that pressing the SET button stops ML from loading.

I did say 'call me crazy' and after all, it's just a simple question in the General Help sub forum

g3gg0

technically possible, we will discuss if the overhead in build process makes sense.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

nanomad

Well, it would mean one additional .fir per camera which kinda sucks (since we are already distributing the installer .fir). How about an option to "Hold SET to load ML" (as opposed to Hold SET to load Canon FW)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5