How to install ML on a SDXC cart?

Started by yaplo, January 23, 2015, 05:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yaplo

Hi, I saw that we can't install ML on an SDXC card by the same way we install in average cards, so, what i'm asking it's: How do I install ML Nightly Builds on my SDXC 64GB card? it's for a Canon 550D.

Thanks.

Walter Schulz

You need a smaller one for installation of v2.3 "classic". You only need that one once. Inside 2.3 "classic" zip file you will find an installation manual describing how to switch to your SDXC after that.

yaplo

"If you use SDXC cards, or if you prefer to skip the firmware update step and prepare
all your cards from the PC, you may copy ML files on your card and make it bootable
with a special utility: EOSCard forWindows, MacBoot for Mac, or make_bootable.sh for
Mac/Linux in command line."

I Tried. Show's up the error:

"No ZIP Found"

but in a video i saw him turning the SD into bootable, and them throwing the ML files into it.

Walter Schulz

Walter Schulz

Aztec

I'm on a MAC, with Parallels installed also.  I'm trying to get ML on my Canon 70D.  I got the 70D to say "boot disk" with the smiley face.  Now I can't get EOScard utility to install on the cards.  I'm using Samsung 64GB exFat cards and I keep getting "No Zip Found" error using it in Parallels.  I also see that when I start EOSCard utility, I don't see that the card is properly identified as it is in the youtube video in the 70D thread.  I then tried to do the Mac version MacBoot, but that fails as well.  Any help for a noob?  thanks