Noobie Questions! Serious noobie questions. Beware.

Started by hankki, April 06, 2015, 08:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hankki

Hello, everyone. I've been using ML for a few weeks now, but I've come across a few troubles.
I noticed that (using raw2dng) the raw files create dng's, however SOME (sometimes more than half of my raw files) do not create the MOV files. Is it a bug? Is there a better app perhaps?

Second question is I've been comparing my dng raw files with premiere vs my MOV files..and I am having the hardest time noticing any difference regarding quality. It discourages me to use raw since I don't seem to see any difference.

Last question is when dng files are opened with ACR, the colors are just...out of place. The MOV files play normal colors of how they were shot, but the raw files literally do not match the MOV files colors..is that also normal?

Walter Schulz

It may be helpful to add some details:
- Cam used
- Settings used for RAW/MLV: Resolution, crop mode. If non-crop mode: VAF used?

hankki

I use a canon 5d iii.

I use raw rec 16:9 with 1920 1080

hankki

Also, I tried using MLV instead of RAW, but I can not seem to find an app that can extract a MOV file as well except MLrawviewer, but only extracts one at a time which is super time consuming..

Is there a good app for osx that could perhaps extract dng AND mov? Thank you

Danne

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13512.msg144346#msg144346

Version 5.5 of above workflow will export multithreaded and with linear auto whitebalance to prores444 and keep folders of the dng files. Multithreaded.

DeafEyeJedi

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109