Convert your magic lantern files to .dng image sequences
raw2dng.app is a GUI wrapper based on platypus
for the command line tools raw2dng by Alex.
I'm developing this to help osx user who are not familiar with command line stuff.
The approach is to have a simple draggable app that will make it easy for anyone to convert raw video file made with Magic Lantern.
To use it simply extract the app from the last .zip package and optionally move it to your Applications folder, I like to have the icon in the finder window as you can see in the video so to have it always ready.
Once extracted drop a ML .raw file on it's icon or double click it and drag the file on the window of the app.
It will convert the file in a new subfolder in the same folder of the raw file converted. The name of the subfolder is same as the .raw file converted
DOWNLOAD LINKSLAST VERSION 0.13 DIRECT LINK
All versions are hosted here: ML Things DownloadsTo install:
Just delete/overwrite any older version you have with last .zip package contents
Since 0.13 is possible to set some options. To open up settings dialogs you need to have to drag raw2dng.app icon into an open raw2dng.app windows (like you do with raw files to convert them).
So far you can set:
- a working folder were raw files will be copied and then converted (if none selected file will be converted in the same directory the raw is)
- ProRes generation On/Off
- Custo or auto White Balance (default auto)
-Find a way to make bigger file conversion work
-Batch convert all raw file inside a folder
- MLTools integration (half done)
- raw2dng.app.0.13.zip First test for conversion options like set wb, working folder and optional ProResHQ 4444.
- raw2dng.app.0.12.zip Updated bin, removed jpg and avi conversion, for now only dng and ProRes.
- raw2dng.app.0.11.zip Cleanup, updated bin with vertical banding fixes, added jpg and avi conversion too (but slows down the process for multiple files).
- raw2dng.app.0.10.zip Accepts more than one file or folder dropped at time (from bashi suggestion).
- raw2dng.app.0.9.zip New way to convert file directly into destination folder, check if it's working or you too.
- raw2dng.app.0.8.zip Fixed some error in finding raw files in folders
- raw2dng.app.0.7.zip Updated with source fixes (2013/05/22)
- raw2dng.app.0.6.zip better handling of generated .dng by Captain Hook (works with 62Gb file too, now)
- raw2dng.app.0.5.zip fixed 64bit conversions problems by rodobot (confirmed workin for file bigger than 10GB)
- raw2dng.app.0.4.zip First folder support implementation, same name of the raw file for the generated folder (from swinxx suggestion)
- raw2dng.app.0.3.zip Can convert more than one raw for minute
- raw2dng.app.0.2.zip Fixes spaces in folder errors by Captain Hook
- raw2dng.app.zip first release
Known issues Wrapper package
- dead pixel problems, (going back to ufraw maybe will solve it)
Known issues osx command line tool
- Folder are not full cinemaDNG (they can't be imported in DaVinci Resolve) - Dedicated Discussion Thread
- raw2dng not compatible with latest ML nightly recorded raw
- Generate dng directly into dest. folder
- Latest (22/05/2013) compatibility fix from source
- Problems with more than 42 Gb raw (thank's to Captain Hook for the fix
- Can't convert more than one file for minute
- Don't works with spaces in folder names for .raw source (thank's to Captain Hook for the fix
- Can't convert file bigger than 2Gb. (thank's to rodobot for the fix
To being informed about new updates follow this topic