MLV Raw & Sound + Links + Solved issues

Started by Veerle, January 14, 2014, 05:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fedemazza

I can't get any WAV file after conversion, what am i doing wrong?

dmilligan

Quote from: Veerle on January 14, 2014, 05:40:33 PM
So everything is fixed, the only thing is that MLVViewSharp doesn't work on my Mac (with Mavericks). Has anyone used MLVViewSharp/ MLVBrowsesharp on a Mac with succes? Let me know!

Of course it doesn't work on a Mac, it's written in .NET. You might get it run under the mono framework, IDK

fedemazza

Quote from: Veerle on January 28, 2014, 04:06:54 AM
You have mlv sound in your magic lantern menu?
How do you convert you files?

That's what i'm getting

Maybe i'm missing the MLV audio modules because i can't find an audio menu... can you please link me yhe download page?

erondeau

Hello.

I am sure it has been answered somewhere but is this new mlv_snd modules working on latest 5D3 builds? I swear I spent the last couple of hours trying to figure this out before posting!

Thanks!

erondeau

Thanks for your message Veerle.

I am quite new the this but I thought it was not such a good idea to test modules on body that are not officially supported by this module.

maxdlsmith

Is anyone else having an issue with recording sound over spanned files? Whenever I record a clip using 5dmkIII, the .wav is only 49 seconds long, does anyone else have this issue or a solution to it?

Thanks in advance

maxdlsmith

Quote from: erondeau on January 30, 2014, 07:23:48 PM

is this new mlv_snd modules working on latest 5D3 builds?

I have it working on my 5dmkiii, apart from one issue that the audio will not record over spanned files, not when using the mlv2dng script anyway

g3gg0

Quote from: maxdlsmith on February 03, 2014, 06:28:48 PMWhenever I record a clip using 5dmkIII, the .wav is only 49 seconds long, does anyone else have this issue or a solution to it?

cam you post the output of 'mlv_dump -v' please?
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

erondeau

Quote from: maxdlsmith on February 03, 2014, 06:30:54 PM
I have it working on my 5dmkiii, apart from one issue that the audio will not record over spanned files, not when using the mlv2dng script anyway

Hello Maxdlsmith, could you please point to the location where you got the correct mlv_snd module?

g3gg0

Quote from: erondeau on February 06, 2014, 09:36:12 PM
Hello Maxdlsmith, could you please point to the location where you got the correct mlv_snd module?

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7122.0

you can download it there, the build bot doesnt have it yet.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

MillTech

Hi

Im using the Feb 03 build with the sound module added, but i cant see my raw histogram anymore. Any ideas why? Its def switch on in the ML menu...

Also im getting skipped frames and it only sometimes lets me get continuous at 1920 x 1080 which never used to happen with RAW

E

naturalsound

Quote from: MillTech on February 08, 2014, 01:04:10 PM
Hi

Im using the Feb 03 build with the sound module added, but i cant see my raw histogram anymore. Any ideas why? Its def switch on in the ML menu...

Also im getting skipped frames and it only sometimes lets me get continuous at 1920 x 1080 which never used to happen with RAW

E

5DIII?

Which image sizes do you use?
Switching to RAW only and automatic card swap increased my buffer from 22 frames to about 60 frames 1080p. Since then MLV works like a charm.
(Before I had RAW (CF) + JPEG S (SD) or JPEG S (CF) + JPEG S (SD) which I was used to from my 7D)

ProgenyLab

Regarding audio meters, it's working for me during MLV recording with Feb 8 nightly.  At first, there were no meters after enabling sound in ML menu, but I went to Canon menu and noticed audio was disabled there.  After enabling it, I now have audio level meters on the top of the screen both before and during recording.

MillTech

Im now using the 10/02/14 build and have got my RAW histogram back (i just had something set wrong), but every time i hit record all of my information from histogram to frame crop disappears. All i see is a video camera symbol in the top right of the monitor letting me know im recording and a time counter. Any ideas??

ProgenyLab

You need to enable globaldraw in the mlv_rec settings.  By default, globaldraw turns off when you start recording.

erondeau

Hello,

I am using the 5D III build from last night (Feb 12th) but :
1) Like MillTech, I am not able to record continuous Full HD RAW in MLV whereas it is perfectly working in RAW. I am using a Komputer Bay 1050x 128 GB CF Card.
2) I don't have the histogram.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

ratheesh

I am using a 600D. No sound when played back wav file converted from MLV file. Please help.

lolbin7

I have the same problem as ratheesh. Canon 600d, not getting any sound from the Wav file.