ML with EOSM for Intervalometer functions... if any.

Started by tuchtuch, January 13, 2014, 08:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuchtuch

Hi everyone and 1000 thanks to the genius developers and other tester for their contributions...

tomorrow I might become one of them.

I've purchased an EOS-M with a 22mm LENS to be mounted on a Quadcopter (RC) in order to shoot continuously with the intervalometer provided by ML, parameters sets around 1 RAW pic every 4 seconds (during approx. 15 minutes flight.... (since I shoot blind) while I'm learning to flight this drone...

I might be, one of the very very few users, for this specific purpose.

But I need to get more infos from Pros like you, before I proceed with set up, my needs are:

I need intervalometer capable of recording 1 picture every 4 to 5 seconds, in RAW mode, with Auto Focus mode enable or Manual Focus enable + Evaluative Light Measure between pictures taken, in Auto Mode or P mode, if possible.

ML is being used like a remote trigger, in my case, trying to preserve all Genuine Camera Functions...

I use Apple computers, and I've no Dev competences, and speaks a bit of English, but not too technical pls.

thanks for helping.

Laurent from Seychelles...
will use ML on EOS-M + 22mm Lens for Quadcopter purposes...

glmccready

I just got an EOS M after using ML on a T2i (with ML) on my Cinestar 6 hexacopter for this past year.  The Interval function works fine on the EOS M.   To load it look for the youtube video. The files you need are there too.

https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube+eos+m+magic+lantern&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

To start ML after it is installed just touch 2 fingers to the screen.  To get to the Intervalometere just use the dial to find it.  Then "touch" that line with your finger to adjust secs interval and time to start.   I uses 2 secs and 30 sec to start.  Then I power up the heli and take off.
Good luck!

jeffweiss9

Hi, I also was interested in loading ML on my EOS M in order to do some timelapse nightscapes so I'm glad to hear that the intervalometer function is working.  But I keep hearing about the 'shutter bug' that just stops ML and requires power off/on to recover from.  Doesn't that stop the intervalometer? You certainly couldn't leave the camera unattended with that bug still present so, I don't think I can use ML until this bug is fixed or there is some way to avoid it occurring.
Thanks,
-Jeff

jeffweiss9

Ok, I figured it out in the field. It took two 2-finger taps; one to get ML going and a second on the ML text screen to get the ML menu's (select with dial or <>).  I think, in fact, everything worked quite well my first time out and I got very good data.  Very promising.   No sign of the 'shutter bug' with the intervelometer running fine for several hours unattended.
Thanks all you guys working on ML and ML for EOS M.  Great job!!!
(I have a lot to learn about what else is there aside from the Intervelometer)
-Jeff
Note: I used the EF-M 22mm lens which is not ISM and, I understand, not subject to the 'shutter bug'