Option to show camera temp in Fahrenheit as well as Celsius

Started by l_d_allan, December 25, 2013, 06:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l_d_allan

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9559.msg91631#msg91631

In the Debug section, internal temp is reported in Fahrenheit and Celsius, but I couldn't find how to have this as an option in LiveView.

l_d_allan

If someone tackles this admittedly low priority and "nice to have" feature request, perhaps they could also see if the temperature could be displayed on the non-LiveView screen.

That might be similar to how the battery level % is displayed on both LiveView and non-LiveView.

Thanks for considering this. I suppose I'm a lazy American who avoids "brain strain" to get comfortable with Celsius.

Quote from: nanomad on October 01, 2012, 10:50:22 PM
I don't think anyone of us works under windows  ... (apparently not still true)

and another comment to a potential dev using Windows ... something like ... "well, that is going to be a problem"

In a way, this might be a good task for a newbie developer to tackle ... seems pretty low risk. Perhaps the "guy in the mirror" should step up, but as a Windows user, and with only limited Linux experience from 15+ years ago, I'm hesitant to get involved.

Audionut

l_d_allan

Quote from: Audionut on January 15, 2014, 03:53:09 PM
The temperature reported needs to be accurate first.

The Celsius numbers for my 5d2 and 6d seem valid, but I'm not aware how to confirm those numbers with confidence. I suppose I could have the camera off so it was at ambient temperature, next to a known-to-be-good thermometer, then turn it on, and quickly check the reported temp. I would think the electronics and/or CPU could heat up pretty quickly. Or not?

I have the understanding that the 600d reports high numbers, that may or may not be valid. IIRC, A1ex has requested people to test this, and it might be simpler for me (and other Celsius challenged Americans) to test if Fahrenheit was reported. hint ... hint ...  :o