Can't Change Picture/Video Quality - Stuck on sRaw

Started by tetsusaiga, January 11, 2014, 05:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tetsusaiga

I've been using the nightly builds and had my 600D set on sRaw.  Now it's STUCK on sRaw. 

Every time I go into the Canon menu to try and change the quality, the menu is BLANK -- i.e., I can't see the other format qualities.  This applies to both the Canon and the ML menu.

I tried to uninstall ML from the SD card.  I also re-installed the Canon 1.0.2 firmware.  Nothing works.

Is the camera broken? and is there a solution to fix this problem?

Walter Schulz

First try: Remove battery and reinsert. Press SET during start and try to change this setting
Still not able? Then second try: Restore cam settings to factory defaults. Including Fn settings. Goto "First try".
Results?

a1ex

There's no SRAW option in Magic Lantern, exactly for this reason.

Be careful when using these third party builds; sometimes their authors don't know what they are doing and they ignore our advice. I've pointed out many times that picture quality hacks should be avoided.

Rshred

I just had this problem a couple of days ago as well...

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9816.msg94468#msg94468

You have to install an older build that has the resolution hack. I did NewMem (Tragic Lantern 2.0).
Then you should be able to change the resolution through the Magic Lantern Menu. Set the resolution to anything but sRaw/mRaw.
It should work after that...

Hope this helped =)

Rob

tetsusaiga

thank you everyone for the replies....I'm going to try each one and I'm praying that one of them will work...please GOD...please!!!

tetsusaiga

Rshred....I love you.  It worked like a charm.

Quote from: Rshred on January 11, 2014, 06:40:09 PM
I just had this problem a couple of days ago as well...

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9816.msg94468#msg94468

You have to install an older build that has the resolution hack. I did NewMem (Tragic Lantern 2.0).
Then you should be able to change the resolution through the Magic Lantern Menu. Set the resolution to anything but sRaw/mRaw.
It should work after that...

Hope this helped =)

Rob

Midphase

Forgive my ignorance, but what is draw and mraw and how do I make sure that I don't have them enabled? Is this strictly for still photos?

Walter Schulz

sRAW (small RAW) and mRAW (medium RAW) are RAW formats with lower resolutions. Not that well supported by Adobe and others.
If you're not running TL you won't have to bother at all.

Midphase

Thank you. I'm running TL on the 7D but for video and not stills, so I assume those settings won't apply (nor be accidentally turned on) by me.

1%

the sraw trick only works on 600D, its mainly for raw video so you have some 100MB buffer, otherwise good luck getting anything continuous or decent sized bursts.

you can take stills with it but they don't load in all apps and I think the mraw doesn't load up at all sans glitches.

if you search it was answered before on how to disable it many times and that you can't do it from canon. they left it in the code but didn't implement it in the UI.

EOS-M has some sort of setting for it too but you can't change to it, the camera crashes. This and movie remap are 99% 600D things