MlvtoDng WorkFlow on Mac Tut

Started by mannyaroyo, January 11, 2014, 07:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannyaroyo

Hey so i seen some people having issues with MLVtoDng and i figured i create a tutorial for it. Now this MLVtoDNG was created by someone who i dont remember but it was on ML that i found them. It is super easy and frankly takes the guest work out of it all. Here is the video for people who dont like to read. Hope it helps out and this wasnt a repost.

mannyaroyo

Midphase

I think the instructions that came with the script were pretty straightforward and easy to follow, but thanks for doing this anyway.

You might also opt to put it into the RAW Post Workflow section since many people would look there for info on conversion.

mannyaroyo

Quote from: Midphase on January 14, 2014, 09:05:59 AM
I think the instructions that came with the script were pretty straightforward and easy to follow, but thanks for doing this anyway.

You might also opt to put it into the RAW Post Workflow section since many people would look there for info on conversion.

Thanks. I made this because even though the instruction were simple many people were still confused. Thanks again.

Danne

You could add the possibility to click the command several times which will start processing several mlv files simultaneously which will speed up the process when you have many files. The scripts will pick up any mlv that,s not sucked in to a folder and start from there.
Thanks
//D

budafilms

Quote from: mannyaroyo on January 11, 2014, 07:51:14 AM
Hey so i seen some people having issues with MLVtoDng and i figured i create a tutorial for it. Now this MLVtoDNG was created by someone who i dont remember but it was on ML that i found them. It is super easy and frankly takes the guest work out of it all. Here is the video for people who dont like to read. Hope it helps out and this wasnt a repost.

Great work!!!!!
When Devs are talking about reduce the bits for reduce file size, wich is the program combined to MLV to do this? Even open the wav file. THanks.

mannyaroyo

Quote from: Danne on January 16, 2014, 03:17:20 PM
You could add the possibility to click the command several times which will start processing several mlv files simultaneously which will speed up the process when you have many files. The scripts will pick up any mlv that,s not sucked in to a folder and start from there.
Thanks
//D

That does work also only thing is if you dont have a good computer it can slow the computer down. This way is more of the type of way as if you can hit the button, jump in the shower and come out and edit.

fedemazza

And what about the audio?

I just tried and after conversion i got a .IDX file that FCPX can't read.

Am i doing something Wrong?

mannyaroyo

Quote from: fedemazza on January 27, 2014, 05:18:37 PM
And what about the audio?

I just tried and after conversion i got a .IDX file that FCPX can't read.

Am i doing something Wrong?

I dont think you are doing anything wrong i havent really focused on the audio i will look into now and see if another program like premiere will read it.

mannyaroyo

Just to update anyone using RAW instead of the MLV option. I use RawMagic that will turn my RAW file into CinemaDng. The process is quite similar to the way the tutorial does MLV files except you use a program. Again this is on mac. If anyone would like a tutorial feel free to inbox me and ill make one for ya. thanks

WeekendWarrior

After filming a file over 4gb It spanned them into two files (M01-1024.M01 and the M01-1024.MLV) and after running the command it merges them and loses the footage from the smaller file. How do properly merge the spanned files?

Thanks

mannyaroyo

Quote from: WeekendWarrior on February 02, 2014, 10:18:55 PM
After filming a file over 4gb It spanned them into two files (M01-1024.M01 and the M01-1024.MLV) and after running the command it merges them and loses the footage from the smaller file. How do properly merge the spanned files?

Thanks

i have no idea what is going on. i never had that issue when i ran the command.

budafilms

Can someone paste the link to download the software?
Any news about sound?

If not a can't see any advantage to work with MLV.

noix222

budafilms

Mystic, excellent work!!! I don't know the spanning files.
The other one its a pain in the...

What is the file with the extension .idx? Information?