What is the maximum sensor temperature for the Canon 5D Mark3 etc.

Started by Protoltype, January 11, 2014, 05:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Protoltype

Hey folks,

since a few days I am constantly making benchmarks with ML on the 5DMk3 ML_Build28Dez.
And I did some of them also with Global Draw On.

I wonder somehow the temperature that is shown on the liveview (top section) is getting red fast.
What is the maximum temperature? So that I can turn off the camera if it gets too hot.
Or does ML shut the camera down automatically?

Thanks in advance.

ilguercio

Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

Protoltype

Quote from: ilguercio on January 11, 2014, 06:15:16 AM
Of course Canon will shut it off for you if it's too hot.

Ohh ok.
I thought Magic Lantern turns this function off because I read something about shutting the camera off when it becomes too hot in their document.
Can't remember which document it was though.

So I don't need to worry bricking my camera because of high temperatures?
Generally, will higher internal temperatures affect the sensors quality let's say maybe after 2 years?

eyeland

I am also wondering about the temperatures.
I am shooting H264 for a small job in a warm climate, and the temp indicator is always yellow or red, never green. After a short while of recording, I am stable around 65C
I would think that the red color indicates that the camera is getting close to its limit temp.
If 65C is within normal operating temperatures, maybe it should be yellow?
Anyways, I'd love to hear about other ppls normal shooting temps :)
Daybreak broke me loose and brought me back...

ilguercio

Again, Canon knows what the optimal temperature is. Camera will be shut down if threshold is reached.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

escho

Just for info, look at this thread: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9673.0. The most results, we found, are in ML-repo since 11.1.2014.

Edgar
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

eyeland

Daybreak broke me loose and brought me back...