Searching for Water Tight Housing for 5D MK II

Started by Kharak, January 10, 2014, 03:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kharak

Hi!

I am looking for a water proof housing for my 5DR MK II.

Now I have done many searches and found a lot of water proof housings, but pretty much all of them cater to the diver or they cannot be totally submerged.

I will be leaving soon on a trawler and will be doing a lot of filming onboard, have been doing so before, but there is so much that I cannot shoot because of the waves breaking in and sea water in the air, basically when the Sea is at its finest! There are huge waves at times that break in and flood the entire deck, so the housing must be 100% water tight.

I am looking for a housing that is manageable to work with above sea level. If you know of such housing, even though it might be catered for divers, but if its good to work with above sea, then please tell me its name.

Some are lens specific and that will not be an issue as I think I will be able to meet those demands.

Thank you!

Kharak.

EDIT: Wanna add that this is for Video shooting, not Photos.

once you go raw you never go back

Krane

Unfortunately I don't have experience with WTH with the 5D, but when I was looking for it for my Canon consumer camera it literally cost more than the camera. Please let us know if you find something for the  5D.

EDIT

Here is one choice that may be of interest to you: Housing for Canon 5D Mark II Digital SLR Camera
Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM

Kharak

Thank you guys for helping me out.

I will be going with Kennedy's recommendation EWA-Marine, those are quite cheap compared to the other housings out there.

Looks manageable too :) Thanks!
once you go raw you never go back