Canon 7D Mark I

Started by Pelican, December 20, 2013, 02:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

Are you able to upload the file rejected by cr2hdr somewhere and link it here?

yajima.natsume

Here the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_BWgCgxkugDY3RTTWo4LWtxLTg/view?usp=sharing. It is just like normal cr2 file. But, in my 7D with ML, Dual ISO is on with 400/1600 ISO.

Walter Schulz

Took a short look into it but I cannot see interlaced line structure. None.
Could be caused by
- "Alternate frames only" ON -> Toggles Dual-ISO ON/OFF (with timeout to ON if a second shot isn't triggered)
- Cam shutdown "dirty" -> Modules will not be loaded at next startup.

Elfotografoalocado

Hello, I have something going on with my recently purchased second hand 7D that I don't know whether it's a curse or a blessing. Namely, it comes with an eg-S focusing screen adapted and already installed, which means flawless manual focus but incorrect metering on anything brighter than f2.8 and anything darker than f4. Does Magic Lantern have a tool for accounting for that on the 7D?

domo94

Hey,
so I've been keeping track of what's been going on lately with the 7d, but so far it seems like a great camera, with very little attention and popularity.

I want to get on board with helping the development of this camera for ML as well as share my progress and results when I film with this camera.

Can anybody help a starter out? I'm pretty tech savvy, but never really dealt with code before so.

nikfreak

One of the easiest methods is just to use a "pre-built" VM:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7579.msg134989#msg134989

Then read through this:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=991.0

and check also this section of the forum:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=25.0

Quote...with very little attention and popularity.
Recent dev achievements regarding compressed 14bit raw should gain back attention and popularity once also available for 7D. Add to that some work and find the correct registers to make it "great again".
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

magomu

hello everybody!
I'm just starting using ML. I'm impressed for the new capabilities with this firmware (thanks to developers for its great job!).

I have only one problem. I don't know if that is because I have a wrong ML configuration  or it's a bug:

I can't fix the focus spot in Live View Mode. It's goes upper to down, left to right, but I can't fix in desired position. It's this normal?

I think it's not a problem of the jostick. If I use another CF without ML, Live View works ok!

Walter Schulz

Not reproducable here.
Set cam and ML to defaults and retry.

magomu

I've found the problem. It's in the Bulb ND Utilities (bulb_nd.mo). If I don't load the module the Live View works ok

Ethan

Can someone tell me where I can find what changes/improvements have been made per nightly build?

Walter Schulz

Download page for 7D1 -> Older Builds

Harold

Hi everybody.

I'm using ML since 1 year and i would to say thanks you for your amazing work. I recently install the last version of ML and I have some issues with the CBR bitrate. Nothing change at x2 or x3. When i check the file on PC, the bitrate is at 35 000 kbps or 40 000 kbps... I remember that i was able to up to 80 000 kbps in the past. Do you have the same issue ?

Thanks for who will reply.  :)

jkenny23

I flashed the latest nightly ML build on my 7D (magiclantern-Nightly.2017Mar30.7D203.zip) and Live view and Video preview does not work at all on the LCD, it just shows up as a gray screen with only the outline of text visible. Is there a setting I messed up?

Edit: Nevermind, was the Digic focus peaking setting. Works fine now with that disabled.

Brawl

is it possible to shoot raw video 10 and 12 bit in "no crop" mode with 7D does it works good? and wich software is it compatible to transform it from mlv to cdng? is mlvproducer compatible? thx

12georgiadis

Is there a port of 10 bit / 12 bits comp mlv from 5dmkiii? This would Be great feature to save space

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Roger66

Hello,

the option Quick Zoom - full zoom on AF point still doesn't work correct. It doesn't zoom on AF point, but just in the middle of the picture. That means it does exactly the same as the option "zoom to 100%".

Bug #2673

Thats very annoying. I'm used to this option and on my 100D this ML option works fine.

Can someone of the prgrammers here please have a look to this bug ?

Thanks in advance
Roger
7D.203 100D.101

jman

Is there any way of NOT having the .tmp file included on card when I record .mlv?
Can't seem to find anything in the menu.
Thank you for your help!  8)

Walter Schulz

May I ask which build you were using back in 2015?

jman

that's the date it shows when in reader.....i'm actually using the aug 1st 2017 build.

cd1234567

fixme: please use fio_malloc (in mlv_play_task) 

Recent august build has this error warnings repeating on the screen when i playback clips that are over 5000 frames. They block the playback video screen.

I understand it is a bug that needs to be fixed. Can you suppress the repeating warnings  so that the video can be viewed?

12georgiadis

I'm not a developper but I'd like to help to port compressed MLV, Proxy H264 and crop mode 1:1 for slomo on 7D. This model is one the most affordable and balanced for quality/potential. What should I do ?

Walter Schulz

Latest nightly build contains commit 4ce4d28 with description "700D, 6D, 7D: fix AbortEDmac".
Is there anything to test on 7D for mere users?

a1ex

Currently it's only used in edmac.mo, selftest.mo and raw_twk.mo.

You may try the tests from the selftest.mo, for example. For raw_twk, I'm not sure if it solves any bug; you could try before and after. On 700D, the stub tests (from selftest.mo) could not run at all before the fix.

Walter Schulz

Yes, 7D stub test with previous build hangs after
[Pass] edmac_memcpy_start(dst, scr, size) => 0x429100b8
with LED on. Latest build completes with zero errors.

Haven't tested edmac.mo and raw_twk.mo yet.

Its

Hi, I'm new to this forum and 7Dmk1 (long time 600d/ML user).
On the 600D there is a 'crop mode' activating a 3x zoom @1920x1080 in the std Canon menu.
I'm told the 7D mk1 can achieve this using ML - if so could someone kindly lead me through the steps to enable this feature please?

Thanks, Its