Canon 7D Mark I

Started by Pelican, December 20, 2013, 02:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrinkiiii

For the 7D it's not working, you have a compilation made by dfort and other in this same post from nikfreak... but it's not working properly.

It need to work with CONFIG_EDMAC_RAW_SLURP  in the 7D, for it give clean image in 10 and 12 bits... I think nikfreak is working on that... we hope  :)) 

Are you @nikfreak ?

GJim

Just installed ML on my 7D, primarily to be able to use the shutter button to start/stop video recording.  Initial tests working great - I can use the on-camera shutter button or a remote such as the Canon RS-80N3.

Thanks for providing this great firmware modification.

One wonders why Canon didn't provide this same function instead of forcing us to use that tiny, hard-to-reach, counter-intuitive, button for video.  That button is even more difficult to use when the Varavon finder is installed.

Again, thanks!

G-Jim c):{-

GJim

On my 7D, in ML 'Movie Tweaks', I have selected 'REC/STBY'.  However, I'm not seeing that notification when in Movie Mode.  I do get the red 'dot' when recording video.

Magic Lantern version: Nightly.2016Dec19.7D203
Mercurial changeset: 4f72a0eabb16 (unified) tip
Built on 2016-12-18 23:30:22 UTC by jenkins@nightly.

G-Jim c):{-

beanz

Just wondering if there is a solution to the black sunspot when filming? Aside from fixing it in post. Is this a Canon hardware issue? Obviously filming into the sun is not really recommend but sometimes can't be helped. I tried searching here but didn't find anything.

Frank7D

So I just tried the 10 and 12 bit raw with the 7D for the first time, using the 12/18 build from dfort, and I don't see any problem with the image. What defects are others finding?

PaulHarwood856

Hey Frank7D,

What were your settings for 10 bit raw recording on the 12/18 build? I was getting all kinds corrupt footage, along with extreme shaking, referred to as Earthquake footage here on the forum.

- Paul Harwood

PaulHarwood856

Hello everyone,

Has anyone had the problem of continuous recording on the 7D where it won't stop recording? I've read about it here on the forum, but am wondering if there is some sort of fix to this? I'm worried about bricking my camera because I have to turn it off because it won't stop recording even if I hit stop. This is with Auto Restart on in Movie Tweaks. I use this in combination with the T3i to record long events, and the T3i has never had this issue. If someone could reply that would be awesome. If I need to replicate this issue in order to help solve it I can certainly do that. Thanks.

- Paul Harwood

Walter Schulz

Issue 2065 reported July 2014. See workaround in last post.

PaulHarwood856

Hey Walter Schulz,

Thanks so much for your quick reply! Ok great, I'll make sure to try this. Awesome!

- Paul Harwood

MarioneRosso

Hi,
if I have 2.0.6 firmware on my Canon 7D... what can I do ?

Avenger 2.0

Has something changed for 3x crop h264 video in 3 Dec nightly? I can't find the setting anymore to enable it.
Edit: I guess I was mistaken and it was never possible on 7D...

N/A

QuoteI have confirmed this works! Thank you so much N/A!

I have provided a Google Drive Link to a folder with screenshots, pictures, and videos showing the beauty of this:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bz5n0qYxIkVOMnJMeWhkU3pMVjQ?usp=sharing

The videos are of my cat in my room, handheld at 50mm. Sorry for the shakiness, I just wanted to test this out with the time I had. I was able to record for 15 seconds.

If anyone has any questions, or can't get to the link please let me know. Thank you to all the Magic Lantern Developers, this is truly awesome!

- Paul Harwood
Very welcome ;)
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

arrinkiiii

Hi,

I trie today the new comp from dfort and its in the same, if some one ask. With MLV or RAW Module in 10 or 12bits you got the upper pink stripe thing.

*But in crop mode (x5) you can record in 10 and 12bits, wow. The problems that i find in crop mode (x5) is that wend you review the file in camera the exposure are more low then wend you recorded and show in the camera screen and the colores look that go's to sepia tones... Also mostly of the times wend you hit the rec the screen freeze.

Until someone find the slurp for the 7D we are like this... only in 14bit's that i must say it's gorgeous!!! 10bits you can have the same quality but less heavier files... and more frame rates YEAHHH =))

Brawl

Hi arrinkiiii nice to hear someone is deeply testing it. I really hope will be possible to fix all the bugs!

guys is there some chance for MLV dual ISO on 7D? I saw some examples about 5DMIII recovering shadows single iso vs. dual iso and the creativity possibilities with the second one are outstanding. if I remember correctly dual iso requires a lot of bandwidth MLV 10 and 12 bit could help?

arrinkiiii

I think one or no one person are working in the 7D. Dual processor inferno thing... I think with the low princes for a 2hand 5DIII is better to have full ML features... but then, the glass.

Brawl

@Arrinkiiii being honest my economic problems are so huge that I could never watch to better dslr or black magic. I'll really keep my fingers crossed!

nikfreak

Quote from: Brawl on January 09, 2017, 12:33:39 PM
guys is there some chance for MLV dual ISO on 7D?

You could give it a try.
waza57 got it to work on 5D2 but it's only coded for 5D2. You would have to adopt it for 7D.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

Harald_Thomsen

Just one question: I'm on the latest Firmware. Is it safe to go back to 2.0.3?

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

pazitivprod

hi, firends. prompt, please, with what maximum speed the chamber 7d by means of ML removes?

Brawl

@nikfreak Thanks a lot for your reply unfortunetely I have no skill on programming languages.
But I could be a betatester if needed. In case I'm good to explain bugs and stuff like this also shooting videos to post on the forum.

Walter Schulz

@pazitivprod: Unable to understand your question. Please rephrase and/or add text in your native language.

Brawl

hi guys may you suggest me your best settings for shooting mlv raw video at 48 fps or more please?

DeafEyeJedi

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Brawl

Thanks a lot @DeafEyeJedi I did a quick test at 60fps I get a lot of tearing. Is this natural for anyone or I did something wrong in the settings?

DeafEyeJedi

Which build are you using?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109