Canon 7D Mark I

Started by Pelican, December 20, 2013, 02:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto Mena

Frank7D, I know that a picture profile wouldn't effect raw footage, I was just mentioning it to help people assist me with troubleshooting my issue.

Ottoga

@Roberto_Mena

Some more detailed information will make it easier for the ML community to assist.

e.g: Detailed camera settings, ML Settings, Modules loaded etc as well as a sample of the affected footage.

Also, have you reviewed the 26 results returned from search on "Green Tint" within the forum?  They may shed some light on the what the cause may be.
EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

ezripavel

hi and hello from Malaysia. I just got my refurb 7d and i found out that it has a firmware of 2.0.0 version. i managed to get it updated to 2.0.5 and after that i realized that ML doesnt support the 2.0.5 version. I successfully revert it to 2.0.3 and install the latest ML in it. Everything seems ok and i tried out a couple of features that i liked very much like the focus peaking, magic zoom, and trap focus. Previously i used it on my t3i and there have been no problem at all. Now with my 7d, whenever i tried to use the follow focus feature, my 7d got freeze. All of the buttons are dead including the power button. Scared shitless after that. I removed the battery and wait for a couple of sec and insert it back and it came to life. i tried it again on the same feature and it happened again. So maybe i can get any suggestions or help from u guys about the problems. Many thanks. And i am sorry for my english. Thanks again.

Walter Schulz

Prefs tab -> Config files -> Restore ML defaults.
Retry and report.

ezripavel

Hi...i already restored ML to its default state. It seems like the problem is still there. I am using a Canon efs 24mm stm lens with my 7d. Whenever im using the follow focus, my camera seems to semi brick with all the buttons are dead. Except the liveview is still running like normal. I have to remove the battery again for few seconds. Is there any other option to overcome this? Or i need to reinstall it again? Thank you. 

Walter Schulz

Reinstalling ML is pretty much doing nothing concerning settings.
You may restore cam's factory settings. Don't forget c.Fn settings ...
If it doesn't work:
Please describe in detail the steps to reproduce your problem.

Yagh68

Hi Walter
I'm buying a new Dslr and was wondering which is better for video recording after installing ML !!
700d, 7d or 60d .... I know it's a silly question but I really need the help of a Pro ...
Thanks in advance .

Walter Schulz

I'm not a pro ...

Avenger 2.0

Raw video or canon h264 video? For raw video (on a budget) I would go for 7d. For h264, 600D/60D if audio controls are important. Otherwise 700D. Also not a pro...

angeloop

Hello .

I'm new in the forum. First of all I really thank and appreciate all of you who give your time and effort to make ML.

I recently got a used Canon 7D and wants to install ML. It is running 2.0.5 firmware. I tried to downgrade it to 2.0.3 in order to run ML. So I downloaded that version from ML link, extracted the file and copied to the root of my card.But when I tried to run the update process, screen turns black and top screen turned off. Some seconds passed, then minutes.... nothing. I switched to Off, then On, and nothing. At this point I started crying for my camera... I talked the battery out, inserted again, turned on and nothing! After that I take out the memory card, inserted again, and a message appears: "firmware file not found". Don't remember exact message but it told me to try again after reload battery.

I searched for this issue but didn't find anything. Do you know what could it be the issue here?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English.

Walter Schulz

Format card with a cardreader. Then format in cam. Copy firmware file to card. Retry and report.
If it doesn't work: Try another card. Small one (1-30 GB) will do.

angeloop

Ok, I will try. Could it be the reason that I'm using a SD card within a SD to CF adapter instead of a CF card?

wizerd

I would like to know if there are plans for a nightly build for 2.0.5 firmware?

Yagh68

Thnx for your help Avenger ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vu2yns

I am using canon 6D. whin i try to copy the setup of magic lantern through card reader  always saying that this card is protected .i slide the swithin the card but always the message is coming..why .plse reply

Walter Schulz

Try another cardreader.

Avenger 2.0

Quote from: wizerd on August 09, 2016, 06:17:06 PM
I would like to know if there are plans for a nightly build for 2.0.5 firmware?
If I remember correctly there were no significant changes between 2.0.3 and 2.0.5
Not sure why it is not build for 2.0.5. Maybe something internally changed that requires a lot of work?

Walter Schulz

It's a lot of work even if there are only minor changes.
If a firmware build contains only insignificant changes (nothing to write home about) there is no need to dive into the firmware dumps to find out where Canon's compiler put all the stuff this time.

wizerd

so what is someone to do if they have 2.0.5 already installed and wants magic lantern to run, when canon states you can't revert back to 2.0.3 and doesn't offer that version anymore even if there is a way to revert back?

Walter Schulz

http://pel.hu/eoscard as linked in Top of Page -> Downloads -> Download Nightly Builds -> 7D.203 and read. And you may also want to read User Guide -> FAQ/Install Guide.

_OLLE_

I shot a intervju earlier this week but the in camera sound (mlv sound) stoped after about a minute and the clip it self is around 5 minutes! What could it be??? I use the mlv.rec mlv.sound and mlv.play btw!

Walter Schulz

You transferred all files (*.M00, M01, ...) to your computer?

_OLLE_

Quote from: Walter Schulz on August 13, 2016, 12:28:15 AM
You transferred all files (*.M00, M01, ...) to your computer?

Yes!

_OLLE_

I also noticed that the raw file is around 7000 frames and the dng folder form MLVFS just contains around 2000 frames! What´s wrong?

Canon Amateur

I went to a concert the other day, where they played Beethoven and Schubert.
The "Full res silent picture" on the 7D saved my day !
No shutter release noise and no mirror slapping. Awesome feature!
Thank you very much ML team !!
I haven't played around with the various settings to get the most out of it, but I definitely will be digging into this.
Canon EOS 7D / Canon 1D Mark III / Lytro illum