Canon 7D Mark I

Started by Pelican, December 20, 2013, 02:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

I have no idea where you got this totally outdated autoexec.bin. Delete ML directory, FIR and Autoexec.bin (as in "wipe card") and copy extracted nightly build contents to card.

Cris

but i used the latest nightly build, 2015 May 03. that's where i have the files from. maybe i downloaded from the wrong place (https://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/)

Walter Schulz

Download again and check, please.

Cris

yes, i did download again, it shows a newer date on the autoexec.bin, but the same error.

I tried with an older build from 2014 May, same error.

Walter Schulz

Okay, start from scratch:
- Set cam to factory defaults, including C.Fn settings
- Switch to photo mode M, liveview off.
- Insert card to cam and format there
. Insert card into cardreader and copy extracted nightly build contents to card
- Insert card into cam and run firmware update

Cris

I tried this too and i can't believe it, still same error.

I tried to run software update with the card that has ML on it, the 16Gb one, and that was working even before the reset.

Walter Schulz

Retry using EOScard, please. Make card bootable.
Wipe card's content after doing so (do *not* format card).
Insert card into cam and startup. If EOScard has done its job cam will get stuck and you have to remove battery. If Canon menu appears EOScard failed to make card bootable.
Report result.

Cris

Still not working. Something must be wrong with the card. i put the 16gb card in, and pressed trash can button, ML appears. Used update software procedure, works.

New 32Gb card, can't seem to manage to get it to work. I did make it bootable via EOScard, deleted everything from the card, but the camera started normaly, so i guess no bootable card. Copied ML, tried again, nothing.

Walter Schulz

I think it's time to try another cardreader and/or another computer.

Cris

Oh yes... i do have another card reader and another computer. i will retry and report.

Cris

for this kind of card, does a command promt with a format f:/u work?

Walter Schulz

Why do you want to do this? Skip that. Format card in cam and go on.

Cris

Moved to another PC, another card reader, downloaded the files again... same thing. i don't get it, it should work.

Walter Schulz

Last try: Format card in cardreader using NTFS. Insert into cam and format again.
Copy ML files on card and retry.

Cris

That's it, didn't work, going on sale for half the price.

Something must be wrong with this card.

JaiCanon

I've heard so much about Magic Lantern I finally decided to try it.  Downloaded it on to my 7D, tried it out for a few days. Then out of no where the camera shut off and now won't power on.  I charged multiple batteries and tried different batteries to no avail.  Does any one know how to restart my camera?

Frank7D

JaiCanon, did you try starting the camera without the card inserted?

JaiCanon

yes, tried starting w/out card

JaiCanon

i think i accidentally erased the card when downloading photos, what would happen if this was the case. 

Licaon_Kter

Put it back on the card, it should not care.

JaiCanon

thanks, I reloaded the software and found it must have been a battery issue

Mare

Hi

Is it possible to turn off weird things in photo preview? I have tried everything, ... It's sometimes better to see just photo, ...

Thx

Walter Schulz

INFO button. Works the same way without ML ...

Mare

Please try yourself and then write down something. My teacher for photography told me the first rule RTFM. I know the manuals.

Walter Schulz

Describe "weird things" or just post a screen snapshot.