Canon 7D Mark I

Started by Pelican, December 20, 2013, 02:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

Format card using a card reader. Format card in cam again. Copy extracted nightly contents to card. Run firmware update.

Argon

Thank a lot...Now is working...
Pls, link me original WWW to recive ML for my 7D..

Thank U again...

Walter Schulz

First page, first post.

Argon

Argon

Work nice...but one question...

My main reason for using the ML is Dual ISO.
I'm only use photo, not a video.
How to process DUAL ISO images ?... conventional way is not going ...

otherwise, for processing I usually use Photoshop.

Walter Schulz

-> Postprocessing forum

mssrihari1

My canon 7d got bricked when i was trying to shoot 2k using magic zoom. Got this suggestion in the blue screen-

- Go to LiveView and enable DIGIC peaking.
- Take a photo of a calendar, focusing on today's date.
- Try pressing the magic button quickly enough.

Tried this, but the error is recurring. Tried restarting, reinstalling and everything else. But it keeps giving this message.

Please help.

a1ex

Quote from: mssrihari1 on April 01, 2015, 09:06:04 AM

Probably the photo wasn't focused very well, can you upload it?

mssrihari1

I got the error before I even was able to take the photo. :(

Thanks in advance for any help possible.

mssrihari1

I got the error as soon as I enabled DIGIC peaking and I was about to zoom in and I see the blue screen immediately.

Walter Schulz

You are sure you focussed on the correct date in your calendar?

mssrihari1

Tried again and got the blue screen immediately after i got the photo. Trying to attach. Not happening.

Walter Schulz

I'm not sure, but maybe I found a workaround:
Turn on movie mode in 1080p25, make sure to have audio recording enabled (manual mode). Focus on today's date in calendar, activate recording and repeat month's name at least 2 times. Avoid clipping! Replay on computer.

mssrihari1

If this is an April Fool Day joke, then I'm relieved!!!! :D

But please do let me know how to fix this.

Walter Schulz

Now you're focussed!
Change cam's date and your problem is gone.

mssrihari1

Of all the days I could have tried this, I had to pick today!

Thanks so much for the heart attack!!! But what a way to open my account on this forum?!!! :D

pterpm

QuoteMy canon 7d got bricked when i was trying to shoot 2k using magic zoom. Got this suggestion in the blue screen-

- Go to LiveView and enable DIGIC peaking.
- Try pressing the magic button quickly enough.

I got the same message, i did tried the ML before but never have this problem . Now , i have to use the camera without it.

Frank7D

Try again April 2.

beanz

Thought I'd also jump in on this. Had a shoot the other day and this popped up whilst trying to review an image that was just taken. After a reboot the camera was fine and shooting back to normal. I did find it strange that after turning the camera off and removing the battery, the image was still displayed on my external monitor which I turned off also. Running the latest ML nightly.

windh

Hi. I'm using an older nightly build (don't have the exact version at hand, ill get back on that).

There are a few hiccups when shooting raw. For example, no overlays work. If I activate any I get corrupted frames in the material etc.

Is this issue fixed in later  builds?

Walter Schulz

Without any further information it's impossible to answer.
If you're running at the edge of performance slips will occur, that's for sure.

N/A

1728x692 48 fps slow mo. But wait a minute... When I play it back, the footage is normal aspect, no stretching required! I'm kinda running on no sleep in 2 days, I need someone to confirm this ASAP. I noticed when I set the cam to 1280x720 60p, and set the fps override to 23.976 exact fps, the liveview display was stretched vertically, so when recording it and playing it back records it in normal aspect! Timer A under 23.976 exact is 422 (FT -76). So I set the fps to 48, and Timer A back to 422. Mlv settings-
1728x692
3:2
GD Off
Canon preview
256 MB warmup
SRM On
Hacks on
4 buffers
Reserve on
Global Draw off
Expo override on

Rokinon 35mm manual cine lens

After messing with it a little bit more, the black and white levels get all wacky sometimes and the exposure is super glitchy. At first, I noticed this while testing out different settings in 640x480 mode, going to do some more tests soon as I charge my battery.

:edit: Yeah definitely a bug in the fps override control. I just downloaded the latest nightly, same thing. How exactly does fps override cause LV to stretch? Or is this a new feature I completely missed?!

:edit2: Ok, just figured out that this bug has been in the nightly since 7d fps override was implemented.

:edit3: To fix this issue, Timer A needs to be set to 498 (FT +76) for 23.976 exact and 440 (FT +10) for 60 exact.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

Spameris

Is it possible to run ML without autoboot like it was working in version Alha 2?

Walter Schulz

And the benefit?
Faster wakeup?

Another configuration to support and sparce dev time ...

Mare

Hi Spameris

You can always update ML firmware in your camera and wait couple of seconds until the bootflag is removed.

Benefits??
I love ML because I often use exposure override (great to work with manual lenses) and other great thinks, ... but sometimes ML have little bugs, so I can use Canon firmware (for example must be some kind of bug in ML firmware with remote flash communication, ...).

You can always have best of both worlds.  :)