Canon 7D Mark I

Started by Pelican, December 20, 2013, 02:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelican

Quote from: Haruki on April 01, 2014, 03:42:56 PM
hey there everyone! i have just a stupid question as i am very confused right now. :-[ had tl on card. now want to install ml. do i have to remove bootflag from camera? and how do i do that? and do i have to remove bootflag from card too? and how do i do that?
Just remove/copy the files to your card.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

Haruki

Quote from: Pelican on April 01, 2014, 03:45:40 PM
Just remove/copy the files to your card.

thanx a lot for the quick answer. so the bootflag thing is still needed!?
because i see that there is a .fir file in the ML nightlies. Do i need that too? or is that just for people with no autoboot?
and do i have to do the firmwareupdate like its said in the first post?
sorry for the dumb questions...

Walter Schulz

Do as told and you'll be fine!

FIR is needed to make your cam bootable. Once. And it treats your card the same way (bootable).

chris_overseas

ML still requires the bootflag enabled to allow autoexec.bin to run on startup. The .fir firmware update just toggles the bootflag and marks your memory card as bootable. In your case both are already done so you don't need the .fir file, you only need to delete the TL files then copy the ML files over to your card.

In the future if you do want to remove the bootflag (and hence disable ML completely), just flash that .fir and wait 30 seconds (as per the onscreen instructions). It'll toggle the bootflag off for you. To make the card no longer bootable, just format it from your computer.
EOS R5 1.1.0 | Canon 16-35mm f4.0L | Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 | Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Canon 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L II | Canon 800mm f5.6L | Canon 100mm f2.8L macro | Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art | Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II

Haruki

Thank you guys! Now I understand. I will test MLnightlies and can hopefully give some feedback/bugReports afterwards. cheers.

Davebawx

hey guys,  maybe a stupid questions but do I now not need to do any permanent bootflag changes on my 7d? I can just load the files and then uninstall the firmware to be back exactly how it was before? (unless something unanticipated happens?)

Walter Schulz

Piergiorgio

Sorry for maybe the stupid question... can ML be installed on a 2.0.5 firmware upgraded 7D? Is it too late?

Walter Schulz

No, too early. ;-) Downgrade to 2.0.3. Can't be done according to Canon but several users have done it with success.

Stedda

Quote from: Piergiorgio on April 02, 2014, 03:32:28 PM
Sorry for maybe the stupid question... can ML be installed on a 2.0.5 firmware upgraded 7D? Is it too late?

Downgrade to 2.0.3 then install ML...
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

bischofftep

Hi all:

Is there a "lead" developer working on 7D issues, or who did the 7D port? I'd like to PM them with some questions and thoughts about the 7D problems that seem to be related to having an HDMI monitor plugged in.

Thanks in advance,
Douglas E. Bischoff
Audio/Video Production & Scoring

Davebawx

Okay so to run it on a camera with no previous versions of ML on it I have to copy the following files onto my card and then run the installer in-camera?

"ML" folder
7d_203.fir
autoexec.bin

And that's it? Thanks for the clarification.

ted ramasola

5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Piergiorgio

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 02, 2014, 03:43:09 PM
No, too early. ;-) Downgrade to 2.0.3. Can't be done according to Canon but several users have done it with success.

Ok i'll try, thx!

Piergiorgio

Piergiorgio

Hi all, i've installed ML on the 7D camera but there is'nt the headphone monitor option under the audio menu, so i can't use the AV cable and the live view at the same time. Is it different form previous version or the feature is not implemented yet?

arrinkiiii

Quote from: Piergiorgio on April 03, 2014, 05:48:13 PM
Hi all, i've installed ML on the 7D camera but there is'nt the headphone monitor option under the audio menu, so i can't use the AV cable and the live view at the same time. Is it different form previous version or the feature is not implemented yet?

Frames override not yet implemented in ML for the 7D and i think monitoring the sound from camera not yet also (don't use so much the sound in this days).

Quote from: bischofftep on April 02, 2014, 10:35:59 PM
Is there a "lead" developer working on 7D issues, or who did the 7D port? I'd like to PM them with some questions and thoughts about the 7D problems that seem to be related to having an HDMI monitor plugged in.

I think the best place for talk about this is here in the forum. For code maybe it's good to start here http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=25.0  or here  https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/commits/all

Shoomedia

I have installed ML Alpha2. And as soon I press record the first time the sound by it self sets -40 on the meter and there are no sound.

Can anyone help me?

Manni

Has anyone experienced the following GlobalDraw issue:
After installing the Magic Lantern nightly build 2014-04-06 00:31:11 +0200, GlobalDraw seems to only work in LiveView anymore. All the additional information has disappeared from the Canon menu, and the "Don't click me" test produces only a black screen. ML text information such as the CPU usage is displayed though, but no graphics are drawn (I assume the additional information in the Quick settings menu that are not displayed anymore are rendered graphics).
Yes, GlobalDraw is switched "On, all modes". :)
It's not a big issue, but I'm wondering if anyone has the same problem and if there's a solution to it.

Walter Schulz

Delete card's ML directory and copy latest nightly to card. Try again. Results?

combat squirrel

Hi there I am trying to install this on my 7D, however it just says 'update file cannot be found, please check memory card and reload the battery and try again'

The file is DEFO on the memory card so not sure why its going wrong.

Tried this on my axtremex 128gb card, kingston 32gb card, and sandisk 8gb,  no joy, any ideas?

Walter Schulz

combat squirrel

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 07, 2014, 07:00:22 PM
You're using latest nightly?
http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/

Yes defo, tried both Apr 6th and 7th, firmware is 100% 2.0.3

Walter Schulz

1.) Format card in cardreader (NTFS or anything other than FAT32/exFAT)
2.) Format card in cam
3.) Copy contents of latest nightly to card via cardreader.
4.) Try to install via Canon's firmware update menu again.

combat squirrel

Just tried that, same error message :/, tried without a lens attached and with a lens attached (No idea if this makes any difference)