Canon 7D Mark I

Started by Pelican, December 20, 2013, 02:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plashb199

Yea i downloaded the alpha 2 and my camera freezes when i try to shoot video raw. any help? i have a high speed udma 7 san disk cf card.

1%

alpha 2 is very very very very very... old. I can see using a nightly or self compiled bin to test where the code is at the moment. At least try with that jan 21st build.

plashb199

ok, can someone post the most updated version? i would love to be able to shoot raw footage with my underwater housing this weekend! thanks

a1ex

g3gg0 merged the mlv_sound pull request => nightly builds are back: http://builds.magiclantern.fm/

1%

Next thing that needs merging is the display filter. Its as stable as on 50D/5DII.

Walter Schulz

Frank7D

Sorry if this is something I should have read about somewhere (I tried to find it) but I just downloaded the latest (magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2014Feb14.7D203) and it's missing a bunch of modules, including the mlv ones. Is that normal?

Walter Schulz

Bugs:
Not fixed yet:
Focus hunt after dismounting "newer" lenses (100/2.8 L IS, 18-55 IS II, 55-250 IS II ...) and mounting "older" lenses (100/2.8 Makro USM, 50/1.8 II, Sigma 18-125 OS ...).
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9848.msg92378#msg92378

Needs confirmation, please test:
Card benchmark test will not terminate properly. Will get stuck at
[9/9] Reading: 99/100 (buf=128k)
Red LED is off.

Ciao
Walter

1%

Heh, I'm getting a freeze toggling MLV or RAW if going right into movie mode from startup. Does it work the same on the nightly for 7D?

..ok I checked on the nightly... the bug is there, its not me.

plashb199

can't seem to find how to shoot raw with this new nightly build. anyone else have the same issues? I'm kind of a newb at this ML.

Walter Schulz

Module tab -> Enable RAW_REC.MO and restart cam.
Movie tab -> RAW video -> ON

plashb199

ok got it. and one last thing. whats the best settings to shoot on for 60fps raw? like resolution? i shot at 1280x514 and ML says crop it by 1.40 in post. did that and its still pretty stretched out. any ideas? thanks

arrinkiiii

ted ramasola

7D official nightly now has MLV modules.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

bruscwillis

Quote from: a1ex on February 14, 2014, 07:40:10 AM
g3gg0 merged the mlv_sound pull request => nightly builds are back: http://builds.magiclantern.fm/

Hi,

I am trying to install this last build of ML for 7D. I noticed there is just the autoexec.bin and the ML folder  in the ZIP file. I know that i should use an installer. There is an EOS Card installer that I have,  but this one is installing a ML build from september. How should I do with this new one? Do you have a link where I can find the info?

Thanks,

a1ex

Yes, would be nice if some 7D users could create an install guide from scratch for Magic Lantern (not for Tragic Lantern).

RolandTJ

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but do I need Canon's 2.02.03 installed in order for ML to work? I can't find 2.02.03 anywhere to download.

YellowFellow

Quote from: 1% on February 13, 2014, 10:17:36 PM
Nope, they won't match between the 2.
Sorry didn't mean it that way. I don't know how I have to write it, that you do understand my problem.
Read tons of posts and all infos I found here but didn't find an answer, so I try to explain here for the third time:

I have a 7D 2.0.3.
I download ONE firmware version (ML, link see above, OR TL link see above).
I format a checked and working CF Card internally in the 7D.
I copy ONE firmware (whole ZIP content) on that fresh SD card.
I power on the 7D.
I start firmware update process and get ML (OR TL) running just fine.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SO FAR IT WORKS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I go into the modules menu.
I chose (simplest way) one module (say dual_iso).
I activate it and get the text info that I have to reboot the 7D in order to get the module running.
I reboot the 7D.

After that reboot, the 7D ends up in a frozen Q-Screen.
No buttons work, even the on/off switch doesn't work.

To get the 7D running again I have to take out the (original) LP-E6 of the original Canon battery grip.

All I want(ed) to know from you is what I might do wrong and how I get running modules instead of a total freeze.
(On every try I format the card in cam and copy the whole zip-package. No mixed data. Always proper ML (or TL) but every time a full freeze after reboot with an (or more) activated module(s)).

I hope, now I explained it in a way you understand. If not, please ask, what you don't understand or have to know to help me.

YellowFellow

Quote from: a1ex on February 14, 2014, 07:40:10 AM
I just tested with the zip downloaded above.
No fw upgrade possible, but with a 7D_203.fir that works.
ML runs proper again, but freezes with an activated module again  :-[

As I scrolled through the ML features I only saw one thing that could be helpful:
In the Debug section there is a point called Memory Error. This has a red circle left of it and to the right the info "underflow, overflow".
When I go into that row ("mouse over") the bottom help text says in the 2nd line in a yellow font "underflow, overflow[31](0) at menu.c:866, task IPCTask."

Could that be the problem?
Or what does it mean?

a1ex

Can't reproduce (tried with both current source and current nightly on fresh card).

YellowFellow

Quote from: a1ex on February 17, 2014, 02:46:57 PM
Can't reproduce (tried with both current source and current nightly on fresh card).
Thank you for the test.
I thought that because otherwise there would be corresponding posts to be found here...

What about
QuoteIn the Debug section there is a point called Memory Error. This has a red circle left of it and to the right the info "underflow, overflow".
When I go into that row ("mouse over") the bottom help text says in the 2nd line in a yellow font "underflow, overflow[31](0) at menu.c:866, task IPCTask."
?

Is that normal or could the problem be here?
Are there incompatible boot-firs out there?
I use the 7D_203.fir from tragiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2014Feb11.7D203 to boot from the CF card.
(The ML nightly has no FIR in the package)

a1ex

It's not normal, but I don't get any warnings here. Tried with only dual_iso, with only raw_rec, with only mlv_rec and with all nightly modules loaded, took a few pictures, recorded a few raw videos... no warning in the Debug menu. Also ran a few memory tests and stub tests, all fine.

A video should help (include the card contents, the About page in the menu, and the exact steps from starting the camera until you get the error).

1%

I've not seen the underflow ever. I've just had the cold boot to video -> toggle mlv rec freeze.

RolandTJ

Quote from: RolandTJ on February 17, 2014, 12:53:45 PM
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but do I need Canon's 2.02.03 installed in order for ML to work? I can't find 2.02.03 anywhere to download.

Anyone? I'd really like to use ML. I've found nowhere so far which tells me whether or not I need to go back to 2.02.03 from 2.02.05 to run it. If I need the 2.02.03 firmware, where can I download it? I can't find it via google.

Walter Schulz

Suffix of ML link for a given cam in the nightly area= required firmware version.
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Official_Canon_firmware_updates