Canon 7D Mark I

Started by Pelican, December 20, 2013, 02:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feureau

Btw, anyone else experiencing random crash when recording MLV with Dual ISO enabled?

I was taking photos while occasionally shooting MLV and sometimes the camera would just turn off with the top LCD displaying ERR with no crash log.

walter_schulz

I'm curious: You just thanked jman for linking the thread about 7D's incompatibility with Dual-ISO video and now you're asking about crashing with this non-working feature enabled?

Danialdaneshmand

I Took some Dual Iso shots with the latest version , i think due to updates the old software i have can't process it (Cr2hdr)
Could someone link me if there is a new one?

Thanks.

walter_schulz

What about searching the Dual-ISO-postprocessing thread?

Danialdaneshmand

Quote from: walter_schulz on December 05, 2014, 04:59:48 PM
What about searching the Dual-ISO-postprocessing thread?
None led or confirmed me of a new one to download.

Walter Schulz

Can you upload an unprocessible file?

Danialdaneshmand

Quote from: Walter Schulz on December 05, 2014, 06:37:57 PM
Can you upload an unprocessible file?
I'm not sure if that's the right word to put it.
It's like , before i selected the files and drag'em to cr2hdr.exe and it did its thing.
but now the command just get stuck!

Btw my network is kind of unstable right now to upload/download a file , messages should come a bit late too i guess.

Walter Schulz

Sorry, but I have to sum up.

There is an error and you haven't gave any details yet.
You haven't tell us which versions you're using.
You haven't specified which updates you are referring to.
You haven't provided a file to reproduce your error.

No offense but what do you expect?

Danialdaneshmand

I thought asking more questions was implied...maybe not. :-\

Anyway i think the problem was that one of the images i was dragging to the App was a normal image
that caused an interruption or something.

beanz

Hi all,

Sorry for the noob question. I have recently installed ML on the 7D, I'm trying to shoot RAW but the files don't seem to be saving to my CF card as .RAW files. It plays back ok in-camera. I've gone through step by step in setting up the menu's etc. Am i doing something wrong??? One other question, is it possible for the crop marks to say on whilst recording? I've noticed they disappear.
Thanks in advance.

Walter Schulz

That's because you're using MLV_REC and therefore generating MLV files which have to be processed as such.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=54
And cropmarks will disappear because this is default for MLV recording. Movie tab -> RAW video (MLV) -> [Q] -> Global Draw OFF -> ON

beanz

Thanks! If I can ask one more, also having trouble with hdmi out from camera. Our monitor reads no signal. Thanks.

Walter Schulz

Can't find magic ball in this mess ...

rainless

Hahahahahaha! Walter is having a GREAT time! :)
The Gear - Canon 5D Mark II, Yongnuo 565EX flash, PhotoSel 3mx3m backdrop stand with 3mx3m muslin backdrops. Elinchrom D-Lite 4 it studio lights, some big-ass 110cm reflector. Unlimited German Models

beanz

Ok so i'm shooting at 1728x736 in an 2.35:1 aspect ratio. The card i'm using is an SanDisk Extreme 16gb @ 60MB/s. ML tells me I need 50MB (so I'm sweet there). Everything records fine but once i extract the dng's from the raw file i notice single frame glitches in pink (i'll post a still). Is this my doing? The card? Shooting size? Also when i stopped recording i get an audio error message. "couldn't stop...state 4" etc. Might need some help. http://postimg.org/image/orqmvza0l/

arrinkiiii

I think u need a faster card.

DeafEyeJedi

Sounds like the limiting factor due to the card speed...
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

jman

Get a fast card. Then go buy one that's faster. Then go buy the fastest.

Walter Schulz

Just tried my Sandisk Extreme 60 MByte/s 32 GB with 1728x736@25fps. MLV_REC loaded but no other module. Global draw off but cam icon visible. Because ML's benchmark test indicates the card does better when warmed up I used a 1 GByte warm up run and started recording just after warm up. Cam stopped when storage run out. Quite often/a long time after start the cam icon turned yellow.

But this doesn't tell that much about your card. Controller chip may be different.

beanz

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll have a play around. :)

N/A

Lexar 1000x or up, I can top out at a near steady ~82.3 MB/s in 24p crop mode legacy raw format sometimes, no GD, sound or any other processor hogs running. MLV is only a second shorter usually, as far as recording times go. I believe that there is still potential inside the 7d somewhere to perform even better, but it's going to be quite a while before we find out, if ever.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

arrinkiiii

Are u using the latest ML version?  With Komputerbay 1000x im getting all good, green icon on the screen.   

Walter Schulz

Sorry, please clarify. What are we talking about?
@N/A: 82,3 MByte/s comes from? ML telling the frame rate? Numbers beyond camera icon? File size/duration?
@arrinkiii: Sorry, this doesn't tell anyone anything. Numbers and configuration, please.

N/A

My apologies, I should've clarified. The settings for this screenshot were ntsc 30p with override set to 23.976 fps, sound off, gd off, iso 400, 1/50, f2.4. Expo override on. Raw video (not MLV), 2496x1044, HaCKeD preview, indicator on screen. Srm mem on, extra hacks on, card warmup on 256 MB. Only 6 modules loaded.
Fresh format, warm card and cold camera, I think this was my highest write speed yet.

That file was 346 frames, ~15 seconds.

And on a separate note, trying to take an in-camera screenshot while recording that resulted in a mem error under the ML menu, and no screenshot was saved.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

Walter Schulz

I'm just beginning to experiment with high bit rates on my 7D and at the moment I only have a single card to play with. It's a Komputerbay 1066x 128 GByte.

I don't know how the number below duration is calculated. Behaves quite different in RAW vs. MLV, BTW.
If I compare the calculated number (shown by ML when choosing resolution) with "data file size"/duration match is very good.

Just tested crop mode [email protected] (ML calculation 83.6 MB/s in yellow) which stopped "magically" after 4:08. Green cam displayed, BTW. File size is 20.3 GByte which gives about 83.8 MByte/s. Few frames with colours out of order.

RAW_REC, no other modules, global draw off.
Movie settings in Canon menu: NTSC, 1920x1080@24.

Have to experiment a bit more but I suppose somewhere between 80 and 84 MByte/s recording duration is going to be unreliable with this card.