Author Topic: Canon 7D Mark I  (Read 797950 times)

domo94

Re: Canon 7D Mark I
« Reply #1600 on: October 16, 2019, 08:15:42 AM »
Hello guys,

Since I'm a 7d Mk i user, I decided to post this here.

For those consistently using the 7d mk i, I have the VAF filter up for sale, it's in great condition, still clear, no scratches, still have the box, cloth, and tweezers.

My 7d is reaching it's life span and my CF card broke. I don't have anymore intention or drive to work on the 7d and I need to get a camera that's consistent and reliable. I also need one that produces an image that's acceptable in low light.
I've not found any time or need to keep using my camera so I'd rather sell the VAF filter to somebody who is still interested in this beautiful camera/ software.

I love the VAF filter a ton, but it's just time to say goodbye.

The website sells it for $295.
I can let it go for $200 as it's been used and definitely wiped down and cleaned.
Shipping included.

Email me at lifestyledq@gmail.com about it, thanks!

PaulHarwood856

• Senior
« Reply #1601 on: October 16, 2019, 12:07:11 PM »
Hello domo94,

I just sent you an email regarding the VAF-7D.

- Paul

domo94

« Reply #1602 on: October 16, 2019, 05:15:32 PM »
Would anybody be willing to buy the canon 7D as well?

It works, great for testing purposes for when you wanna be worry free on a build.

It’s got a few several hot pixels that show up, especially on raw.

Still works great, it’s been taken care of.

Fell once and cracked the top left of the screen, but it’s unobtrusive, with a corner scuff on the body.
Can include (non branded) batteries, charger, strap, and cap. No card(it broke on me).
The core basics, not an issue.

I wish I could justify using this but I have no other work camera now, and I need something that people won’t say- oh that’s old.

Might switch to Fujifilm.
I need faster workflow.

Again - Lifestyledq@gmail.com

(I’ll be using a t2i still for fun!)

domo94

« Reply #1603 on: January 30, 2020, 07:17:19 AM »
I've been so discouraged when my 128 GB CF failed on me. My main lenses are both broken and unusable.
I was getting too many bad pixels, my low light was nothing compared to Sony. Not to mention I lost all my batteries except one.
I retired the 7D, or so I thought.

I've been letting a friend use my t2i as of recently, I've been left with no choice but to use my 7D.
I've had terrible months since September. I can't upgrade my gear. I decided to sell the anti-aliasing filter for cash flow. I sold my rig to my friend with the Sony. I sort of just dismissed all my gear.

A friend invited me to a shoot a shoot and realized I had enough to salvage parts make a mini rig. I decided to buy a couple pieces of equipment (a 1/4 screw and 64GB Sandisk CF for $40!!), and I've been using my 7D.

I told myself I wouldn't be filming in RAW anymore because it was just not producing the images the way I wanted/needed them to.
I have no clue how I was doing anything wrong when I was properly exposed on the camera, but my imagery always came out dark with the magic lantern.
The anti-aliasing filter was just too much to manage and some of my lenses didn't sit well with it.

I saw a video a while ago of super sharp t2i footage and the person basically just bumped up the bitrate recording setting. I decided to do the same with the 7D instead so I can get more space out of my card and more reliable footage.
Filming RAW was extremely experimental. I did get some good footage, but overall, RAW really did slow me down a lot- might as well just get a black magic cinema cam for that big boy stuff.

I decided to use my 7D again. See what I could rebuy for cheap/used to have resource.

I'm gonna be not using RAW anymore and just film normal with a higher CBR bitrate for filming. Hopefully 2.0 will work well.

Today I did 1.8 and it was smooth, let me tell yah.

SourMashII

• Just arrived
« Reply #1604 on: February 12, 2020, 12:04:03 AM »
Maybe this should have been its own thread? but I'm a 7d.. so here we go. I've downloaded the Nightly build, and my CF card won't recognize it in-camera. Mac shows me it's on the card, but the camera doesn't. I did end up on Canon 2.06 out of the whole thing. so not all is lost.. Help?

Walter Schulz

• Contributor
« Reply #1605 on: February 12, 2020, 12:46:57 PM »
Sorry, your description lacks detail.

If you want to use an official nightly build you have to downgrade to 2.0.3 first (as described in intallation instructions). If you want to use firmware 2.0.6 you have to use dfort's custom build https://bitbucket.org/daniel_fort/magic-lantern/downloads/
If there are errors you may have to add some details:
Full error description, maybe screenshots, name of build used... Be precise!
Photogs and videographers: Assist in proof reading upcoming in-camera help!. Your input is wanted and needed!