Author Topic: Canon 7D Mark I  (Read 699405 times)

dcoughlan

• New to the forum
Re: Canon 7D Mark I
« Reply #1525 on: May 16, 2018, 05:36:49 AM »
Excellent, thank you both. As I mentioned I'm a little rusty so it'll take me some time to wrap my head around everything but I hope to be able to contribute to the efforts soon!

masc

• EOS 5D Mark II
« Reply #1526 on: June 13, 2018, 05:44:13 PM »
5D2.212

MateX

• New to the forum
I need help
« Reply #1527 on: July 02, 2018, 02:50:48 AM »
Hello im new i want to install magic lantern but i have got me 7D with the 2.0.6 frimware so can i downgrade to 2.0.3

Sapporo

• Freshman
Re: I need help
« Reply #1528 on: July 02, 2018, 05:41:21 PM »
Hello im new i want to install magic lantern but i have got me 7D with the 2.0.6 frimware so can i downgrade to 2.0.3
For 2.0.6 https://bitbucket.org/daniel_fort/magic-lantern/downloads/magiclantern-Nightly.2018Feb28.7D206.zip

Or downgrade to 2.0.3. http://pel.hu/down/

dfort

• Developer
Re: I need help
« Reply #1529 on: July 02, 2018, 09:12:13 PM »
Or downgrade to 2.0.3. http://pel.hu/down/

If Pelican's site is down or hard to figure out I also have the 2.0.3 and 2.0.6 updates on my Bitbucket downloads page. Look for the file named 7D Canon Firmware for Testers.zip.
5D3.* 7D.206 700D.115 EOSM.203

mister.rings

• New to the forum
« Reply #1530 on: July 11, 2018, 03:05:29 PM »
Hello everyone.
sorry, I downgraded to 203 thinking that the magic lantern worked more, but not changing ... the menu does not change .... it's all the same ... but you can make video without interruption with the 7d and ML?
Thank you.

Walter Schulz

« Reply #1531 on: July 11, 2018, 08:11:39 PM »
Top of page -> User Guide -> FAQ/User Guide/Install Guide

H.264 recording lasts 29:59 and ML is able to restart recording but loosing some frames every 29:59.
MLV/raw recording is seamless.

dj_FoXX

• New to the forum
« Reply #1532 on: September 13, 2018, 09:01:42 PM »

Hello! sorry for my english, this is all Google translator) I have 7d, installed ML, on the first attempt, no problems, the firmware works. I use 7d only for photography, and it would be interesting to take part in testing and optimizing the firmware.

I found the lens adjustment function (+/-), did not understand how to use it.

I select DOTtune, I switch the lens to manual focus, I press play, the screen flashes several times, showing info, and the message "press INFO and tray again" appears.
OK. I go to LV, zoom 10x, focus in manual mode, than dot tune, press play - and the same "press INFO and tray again".

that I would like to add:
- autofocus illumination (as in nikon)
- confirmation of focusing on lenses without a chip.

and the last question, just installed ML, without changing the settings, does it affect any algorithms? (autofocus, exposure metering, photo processing, etc.)

BrokenSyntax

• New to the forum
« Reply #1533 on: October 05, 2018, 12:44:56 AM »
I have done some poking around on dfort's fork. Is the crop_rec_4k_5D2_7D branch the best one for progress? I'm keen to see if I can spend some hours seeing how to tackle the problems. So far I have things building which is relatively painless thanks to all the resources available.

IDA_ML

• Senior
« Reply #1534 on: October 05, 2018, 10:06:43 AM »
I have done some poking around on dfort's fork. Is the crop_rec_4k_5D2_7D branch the best one for progress? I'm keen to see if I can spend some hours seeing how to tackle the problems. So far I have things building which is relatively painless thanks to all the resources available.

BrokenSyntax,

If you have coding skills and are willing to help with 7D crop recording development, it might be a good idea to send a PM to Dfort and offer him your help.  I am sure, he will greatly appreciate that and will be able to give you some useful directions on how to proceed and what to do so that your help is efficient.  I personally am very excited about every step forward with the 7D because of its high potential to become the second best crop-recording camera after the 5D3.  And this is not only because of the very high write speed of 90 MB/s but also because of the unique film look that its sensor provides.  I have no coding background and skills whatsoever but would be glad to test and provide feedback on every new 7D build that you guys may be releasing.  I keep my thumbs pressed that you succeed.

BrokenSyntax

• New to the forum
« Reply #1535 on: October 05, 2018, 03:35:43 PM »
If you have coding skills and are willing to help with 7D crop recording development, it might be a good idea to send a PM to Dfort and offer him your help.  I am sure, he will greatly appreciate that and will be able to give you some useful directions on how to proceed and what to do so that your help is efficient.

I have just now done that, thanks.

I think to get lossless working correctly I need to have a deep dive into the silent module and figure out a way to get the lossless compression working there as that seems a more sensible place to start for me being relatively new to the codebase. At a glance it definitely looks like if I make progress with the silent module (by extension lossless logic) that the lossless 14-bit compression should work on the 7D with a few minimal tweaks. Time will tell, I'll have a stab at it over the weekend as I am very eager to breathe new life into the 7D I picked up yesterday.

dfort

• Developer
« Reply #1536 on: October 05, 2018, 09:26:48 PM »
I think to get lossless working correctly...

Right -- these are the changes I was playing around with:

https://bitbucket.org/daniel_fort/magic-lantern/pull-requests/25/crop-rec-4k-5d2-7d/diff#chg-modules/silent/lossless.c

Not quite working yet.

r_non

• New to the forum
« Reply #1537 on: October 31, 2018, 10:00:24 PM »
Hi all, can somebody show me how to contribute to Magic Lantern development in general? I've got no coding knowledge (unless you count Matlab as one) but would like to support as much as possible.

For a start, I'm currently following this guide at https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6783.0

Am i in the right direction? Or should be using cygwin/mingw approach https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=15894.0

Yea it would be cool to see 10 bit raw video on the 7d but is anyone still working on it? Which project is currently being focused on, maybe i can start there?

Many, many thanks!

dfort

• Developer
« Reply #1538 on: November 01, 2018, 02:55:26 PM »
The Cygwin tutorial should be the easiest to get you up and running on any version of Windows. You can't use QEMU with it but the 7D and QEMU aren't playing well together so that's not a deal breaker.

Setting up a Linux environment will give you a more feature rich development environment. If you are running Windows 10 you don't need to run a virtual Linux box because it has an embedded Linux subsystem.

A few of us are working on the 7D but there are very few of us and development isn't keeping up with other cameras from that era like the 5D2. Having a few more users willing to jump in and try to get some new features working on this camera would be greatly appreciated.