Whats is the best method for cleaning up dead/stuck pix in Resolve lite

Started by hjfilmspeed, January 06, 2014, 04:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hjfilmspeed

I am so sorry to banter about this but I have a little situation. The stuck pixel thing is real kicking my butt. I understand they appear at high ISO and they seemed to be the worst at high iso and slow fps override. I mean I have and image that i think was at 1600 at 1.5 fps and there are like 50 plus dead or stuck pixels ( i almost feel like it could be dust on my sensor maybe because a there are some that appear in the same spots) I dont have time to upload a pic but im trying to use resolve to export to avi then edit in sony vegas pro 12. I tried to despeckle with a blur matte in resolve but it was just very difficult and slow. Plus when i would go to full screen i would see a ton more that i miss at medium view and in full screen i cant edit them. ACR is great for despecking with a brush but its painfully slow for this project. How is everyone de-specking there images in resolve? Or do you have any methods for sony veags.

I watched a few tutorials on how to reset the sensor which i did with no results (maybe this is dust) I also watch another with aftereffects and premier i think? but i dont have those.

Im on 5d3 with a december build (cant remember but if you need specifics please let me know)

Im sooooo sorry if this has been addressed but this forum has grown quite a bit and its getting difficult to find things. Thank you sooooo much!!!!!!!!!!

p48l0

Hi,

we are discussing the same (i guess) thing here http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9826.0, maaybe you can take a look..maybe it's useless for you..
I've posted a pic too if you want to download

hjfilmspeed

Amazing find by  p48l0. This is probably the best solution for my workflow http://www.playtool.com/pages/pixelpatcher/pixelpatcher.html and in the two times that I used the plugin it worked quite well.