Pomfort Cliphouse !

Started by NitromanX, April 30, 2015, 08:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NitromanX

Hi everyone ...

Just wanted to make users aware of a great little app that seems to help my own ML Raw workflow.

It's called Cliphouse by Pomfort and is $49 / year or $129 for a permanent licence. Free 14 day trial too.

http://pomfort.com/cliphouse/

It allows for copying and back up of files, minor 'in app' editing / grading / adding flat profile and most importantly Export of cdngs and MLRawViewer dngs to various video formats such as ProRes 4444, h.264 etc. It's still necessary to generate the cdngs in the first place with MLRawViewer (or similar), but avoids the use of Resolve or After Effects.

I'm playing with it at the moment with the trial.  Not really heard it mentioned on the ML forum and it seems pretty cool. Saves me using Quicktime Pro 7 for Export and is pretty fast too. I think it can batch process clips too. :D

It does seem to occasionally crash, but if more of us used it and bought it, i imagine the stability and functionality would be improved more with updates.

Anyone got any recent experience with this - Jan 2015 onwards ?

DeafEyeJedi

Never heard of it but will look into it...
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

NitromanX

I hadn't heard of it either until i read a blog yesterday.

It's a huge shame it doesn't support .mlv at the moment, but it does support the other ML raw format.

I've been playing with it and it seems to emphasise moire / aliasing - compared to ACR output or MLRawViewer mov output.

Apparently they're working closely with Digital Bolex.

Be amazing to just have one app that does everything for ML raw video. :D Download the trial and check it out ...