Ducati Spec-Commercial 5D MarkIII RAW

Started by eyFox, January 04, 2014, 12:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyFox

Hi guys i have been trying Magic Lantern with the 5d MarkIII on a video with a Ducati Monster. We shot it in two days in Austria. The raw quality is pretty exciting. Thanks a lot to the Magic Lantern team! Really great stuff.

added vimeo link:

Luiz Roberto dos Santos

Wow! Very cool! Color grade is fantastic  ;D

AnotherDave

kgv5

www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

g3gg0

Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

dopepope

Very nice work! Glad you like the raw. Some shots seemed to be colored slightly differently (more green) but all in all very nice.
As for the nospec business, the groups concern seems to be professionals working for nothing... ie creating content that can later be used by a company potentially without any payment.
In my experience, a large portion of what we term 'spec' in our industry, really means fake.
We create fake advertisements, using a companies logo, and in return have a professional product in our portfolio. No advertising agency, or company directly or indirectly benefits.
I've created spec ads for real products, and fake products. I've worked for free on these and it's paid off (sometimes it doesn't, comes with the territory).

My guess is the author is part of a team that wanted to create something for their portfolios, not for an agency or for Ducati.

eyFox

Hi guys, thanks a lot for the nice comments.

We did the video really more as a showreel for us. The idea came because one of us bought a ducati and everybody thought it looked great and we should make a video about it :) Ducati was not our customer. The whole team consisted only of 3 people.

As for the color grade, i think you are right, its not totally consistent. For me it also looks a bit too dark on youtube. But thats the first time i used resolve, so for my part i am happy. The most difficult part was tracking in masks in resolve to fake the dark clouds/sky in the driving shots. In reality the sky was more of an even brighter gray. Thats were the raw really shined.