Komputerbay 128GB 1000x Card doing some funky stuff

Started by bowmadera, January 03, 2014, 10:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowmadera

Howdy y'all. I've got a shoot tomorrow, and Murphy's Law is really kicking me in da behind.  :-[

Equipment:
5D2 - KB 128GB 1000x CF - Oct. 24 Build

Background:
I have been using my 5D2 to shoot RAW since about August. Before, I was using Promaster Cards (at first a 700x and then the 1000x). Neither were that fast, but they didn't really give me any problems. The 1000x Promaster Card gives me a 62.1MB/s maximum for steady recording. I recently got a KB card, and used it for about a week. All was going well, with sustained writes @ 75MB/s.

Issue:
Yesterday I put the card in and the camera said that it was not formatted for the camera. So, I formatted it with the camera and then reinstalled ML on the card (stable build). I put it in the camera and got the same prompt "Card not formatted for camera". I repeated this process a few times until it loaded in the 5D, and then installed ML. It booted okay once, and then crapped out again. I repeated these steps for a while, I ran Macboot on the card, and then I got ML to install, then I installed the nightly build. I recorded one RAW video with really low write speed (aprox. 10MB/s) and then the camera shut off (w/ fully charged battery). I pulled the battery out for three seconds, then tried to reboot... nothing. I put the card in the CF reader and my computer said it could not mount. The camera booted without the card in.

Now, I formatted the card with my computer, writing over the data with ones and zeros. Then I formatted in camera, followed by Macboot, followed by ML stable install. I install ML and I get menus that look like this:

My other two cards boot ML without problems.

Obviously this is an issue with the KB card, but I am wondering if it is resolvable before sending it back. Sorry if this is a duplicate, but I looked before posts and found nothing.

Any ideas what is going on?

RenatoPhoto

http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

mageye

I think I agree that it's probably broken :-\ :(.

If you are on Windows you may at least want to try this freeware app:

http://www.thelifedigital.com/scan-the-flash-drive-for-errors-with-check-flash/

I think the idea is that if it has errors chuck it! :-\
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7