Eclipse at sunrise - 5DMII 21fps

Started by jfgout, December 25, 2013, 03:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfgout

Hi everybody,

I'd like to share with you this video I recorded of the November 3rd 2013 solar eclipse at sunrise. I recorded at 21fps, so that I could keep a pretty good resolution. RAW recording and then I imported the DNG files into Adobe after effects to make the video. No HDR or any fancy post processing.

It's (almost) real time, so it goes slow (nothing like a time lapse) but that was my goal: to show things the way they really are. In the beginning, the clouds block the view and you need to wait a little bit before you can actually see that a piece of the sun is missing, taken away by the moon. But that was part of the event for me: waiting anxiously for the sun to come out of the clouds, and I wanted this to be part of the video.

The music was recorded specifically for this video by a friend of mine who improvised directly while watching the video (a couple of hours of work were necessary before obtaining a music that I liked ...).

So, if you have ~3 minutes of free time, turn on the volume, switch to full screen + HD and I hope you enjoy this moment of serenity.

Cheers,

Jean-Francois

dopepope

Very nice! quite serene!
Could you post camera settings/gear used? Like lens, iso, aperature, etc?