5D3 with ML white balance issue

Started by Taimour, December 31, 2013, 03:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taimour

Hi guys,
I have just started using ML on 5D3 about a week ago.
I hacked 2 cameras and both are showing the same problem with white balance.
when I change the white balance to adapt to different lighting conditions, the camera LV shows the correct image colours. Same applies to shooting H.264 video or still images.
When I record on RAW on the other hand the white balance seems to have stayed stuck on day light settings.. I tried to change everything in the menu but it does not seem to affect the white balance settings on RAW mode.
Any one has an idea please on how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

RenatoPhoto

RAW only has one setting for WB and it is 5500.  You can adjust WB in post.
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

dmilligan

The whole point of shooting raw is so that you can adjust things like WB in post.

Martin Baun

I have the same problem.

The DNG files are all recordet in 4800 kelvin even thou I have changed the kelvin to 2500 or 5500.

Format the CF card in windows
Format the CF card on the Canon 5D Mark II
Install ML again
Reset all presets on the Canon 5D
Removing the batteri for 2 mins.

Nothing helped

I know the white balance are easily changed but I would like the camera to do what I tell it to do.

dmilligan

The only way to get white balance from the camera is to record MLV and use a converter that handles WB properly (not all of them do, it's rather complicated). When you record with the original RAW format, there is no WB metadata stored.

chmee

if you're using windows, raw2cdng recognises wb-presets and manual settings. try and tell if it works as you expect. mlv only, of course.
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

vovkinson

same problem here... what a pain in an a$$