Wireless with any EOS Camera, Android tablet, and DSLR controller

Started by engardeknave, December 31, 2013, 12:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

engardeknave

Basically he flashed a portable, pocket-sized router with a version of OpenWRT so that it can be connected via USB to Canon cameras. It is then possible to do a wireless connection to the router with what appears to be any Android tablet and DSLR Controller.

http://dslrcontroller.com/guide-wifi_mr3040.php

arrinkiiii

Danne

Nice find.
Will it work with the tablet/phone wifi connection? Could be useful out in the field. Perfect remote

engardeknave

I think he said it's actually more stable than with a wire. Which makes sense because the wire always falls out. I instantly ordered the router. It was $30 on Amazon.

Danne

FOund the hardware at the local store dirt cheap. What can I say. This is f..g brilliant. I can start stop from all around the house, signal goes through thick walls. I can even set focusing etc. Amazing! When filming h.264 this app works as wired. Unbelievable.

WHen it comes to raw I get it going in 24fps 1920x1080 and best monitoring when starting raw from camera. WHen I use the dslr controller rec button it goes kind of bananas and starts stops 2 or more times until it goes into regular raw recording.
When in 25fps it stops after a while. WHen recording in .MLV there,s a hang-up when stopping recording.

Don,t know if this app could be tweaked to suit raw/mlv recording better but for now it,s kickass photo/videoremote.

Thanks for sharing

OSCA LEE

Uh ML already had a app that allows you to connect the camera up to a tablet and see live view/feed...via blutooth or wifi

I used my remote shutter to record and I dont even have to be directly in front of the camera...

Vello Freewave Plus

OSCA LEE

Quote from: Danne on January 03, 2014, 07:34:20 PM
Where,s that app?

Its in google playstore...im not at my main so I cant post the exact link

Its called ML Controller

Danne

Yes I found it and remember now when the programmer started on this. Have you tried it? Thing with dslr controller is that it really gives all kinds of abilitys changing focus, iso, shutter, etc plus a good liveview

engardeknave

DSLR Controller works with the router that provides the wireless connection for cameras that don't have that hardware.

OSCA LEE

Quote from: Danne on January 04, 2014, 12:12:58 AM
Yes I found it and remember now when the programmer started on this. Have you tried it? Thing with dslr controller is that it really gives all kinds of abilitys changing focus, iso, shutter, etc plus a good liveview

Yes everything works

sutobe

Canon EOS 550D / Canon EF-S 10-22mm 1:3,5-4,5 USM / Canon EF-S 18-55 mm 3.5-5.6 IS / Canon EF-S 55-250mm 4,0-5,6 IS II / Canon EF 50mm 1:1.8 II / Canon Speedlite 430EX II

OSCA LEE

Quote from: sutobe on January 25, 2014, 07:55:18 PM

Doesn't work with ML 2.3

I am running 2.3 TL and it works with no issues...

I will try to upload my version of it from my tablet

OSCA LEE

rainless

Ah... Guess there was already a post about this.

Just got the router a couple of days ago. Works BEAUTIFULLY... and I even got it to fit on my camera strap! It weighs practically nothing. Now I can do all of my recording from my phone... that is PRICELESS.
The Gear - Canon 5D Mark II, Yongnuo 565EX flash, PhotoSel 3mx3m backdrop stand with 3mx3m muslin backdrops. Elinchrom D-Lite 4 it studio lights, some big-ass 110cm reflector. Unlimited German Models