5D Mark III Seattle Test

Started by Vladfoto, December 31, 2013, 06:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladfoto

Hi everyone, here's my first attempt with Magic Lantern (Aug. 21 build).
RawMagic to convert, export TIFFs with Adobe Camera Raw, and create video file with Compressor--thanks for watching!

mva

Really nice! Some beautiful images! I'd be interested in knowing where you did your color grading and editing. Thanks.

Vladfoto

Thank you very much for the comment MVA!  After I converted the files I batch processed each folder of DNGs in Adobe Camera Raw (mostly upped contract and vibrance, adjusted WB, sometimes a vignette, etc.)

In Apple Compressor I chose Import Image Sequence and then exported ProRes 422, and finally edited in Premiere Pro!

PTRush

Thank you!
i enjoyed this very much- :D

Vladfoto

Thank you PTRush, I appreciate it!

[email protected]

My question is with all that workflow was it worth changing your camera over for ML? (which your video looks VERY nice to boot)
I really want to install my 5dmkiii but not sure on the workflow and the boot flag issue.
I am a photographer turned cinematographer, I have a 1dx for photos and another 70d for the af on video.
can you shed any light on my situation? is the work flow and the damage to the camera worth it?
thanks
Tab

Vladfoto

Thank you Tab and sorry for the late reply!
The workflow is definitely time consuming but I don't think you damage the camera by installing ML. I've actually shot 2 weddings recently (one still and one video), and I just removed the bootable SD card and the camera performed just fine.