Author Topic: Canon EOS M  (Read 773480 times)

Jip-Hop

• Freshman
Re: Canon EOS M
« Reply #3050 on: July 11, 2019, 10:05:35 PM »
Good stuff Danne! Briefly tried it out just now and autofocus in mv1080 MCM rewire is a lot nicer to use now that live view stays snappy. It's becoming more polished every time  :D

Also the 10x crop, working for all presets, is a nice way to check focus before recording with manual lenses. Well done!

But so many options mean there's a lot of different ways to configure. They're all in different places: Crop mode dropdown and Crop mode submenu, RAW video submenu. And once you've got all set up, e.g. how you like to shoot with mv1080, these settings will be gone once you setup how you like to shoot in 2.5K mode. Personally I'd like to shoot with 14-bit in mv1080 in 16:9, and use a lower bitrate, e.g. 10, and narrow aspect ratio for 4k.

For me that would be a great win for RAW recording: if I could just setup how I like to use each mode before a shoot, and quickly toggle between them during the shoot. Without a need to change many settings in different places, having to remember each and watch out for misconfigurations.

We now basically have global options, that apply always. Regardless of the selected preset in Crop mode. I think we could use a couple of global settings (maybe FPS and aspect ratio). But in addition to that for each preset I'd like to be able to set local settings, which don't apply to the other presets (bitrate, if I want to use x3 crop toggle or x10 crop toggle, or none, maybe even the option to override global settings such as FPS or aspect ratio).

Would love some feedback on the script I posted yesterday. However I'm away from my camera and computer for three weeks. Would have loved to make it usable, but at the moment it's incomplete.

If a bug it should go into lua branch. Do a pull request?

There should already be a pull request that fixes the Lua issue according to dfort.
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-requests/940/manual-lens-info-support-to-crop_rec_4k/diff#comment-108992157
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-requests/939/dynamic-length-elns-block/diff#chg-scripts/lib/config.lua

But fortunately I can just replace the config.lua with the fixed one myself and get the benefits without having to wait for a merge or compile ML myself  :)

Danne

• Contributor
« Reply #3051 on: July 11, 2019, 10:30:15 PM »
Just tested out the playkey.lua script. I see some nice ideas going on here.

What I did to simplify stuff myself was that running the cinema 2.39:1 script will set base for all coming presets. So once it is set choosing any of the other presets should work out of the box adjusting preview fps etc. Now of course all will be 2.39:1 and in 10bit and no extras so next step will be to add additionals.
Next step from this as I see it would be like are doing now. Personalized luascripts. Maybe a dropdown menu with 10 most useful presets. Who knows. I spent a year simplifying but as you see yourself more can be done. So just keep it going and you´ll reach your goals sooner than later. Or never  :P

marcelolippi

• New to the forum
« Reply #3052 on: July 12, 2019, 12:26:56 AM »
has anyone had experience of SD durability working in overclocking? SD died after 4 hours shots ... sandisk, 128gb, 170mbs :'(

kitor

• Contributor
« Reply #3053 on: July 12, 2019, 08:20:42 AM »
durability working in overclocking
Overclocking and durability, choose one. It's all about silicon lottery. Info that somebody's card survives OC means nothing about other cards even from the same batch.
EOS R

Danne

• Contributor
« Reply #3054 on: July 12, 2019, 11:03:53 AM »
Refined centering for most presets when using x10toggle. Download at the usual place...

2blackbar

« Reply #3055 on: July 12, 2019, 01:28:03 PM »
I have strange issue, my screen is flashing magenta and green when i enable raw recording mcm rewire,shutter 250 and fps override.
I thought my cam sensor is dying but it does not happen with older builds but im not sure, i didnt used shutter above 100 too much.
I did not take pic or video but i started to lower my shutter speed to 50 and it fixed itself.
Cant figure out how to reproduce it now but its there somewhere.Maybe its related to high shutter , i usted 40-50 most of the time and i used 250 today.
--
Ok i reproduced it, enable mcm rewire, croprec, bits 12,fps override 23.976 exact, shutter 200 (most important i think to get this screen flashing issue) then hit record
stop recording and there it is, screen is flashing magenta.Disabling fps override and pressing menu twice fixes it as well.fixes itself when i lower shutter to 112 and press menu twice.Overall it starts to happen from shutter 130 and higher.
Btw. half shutter toggle for x3 and x10 is very useful! Great idea.x5 toggle would be nice too, or pressing halfshutter once for x5,pressing again for x3 and again for x10 but i dont think we can record in x10.

Danne

• Contributor
« Reply #3056 on: July 12, 2019, 02:44:51 PM »
Something is affecting shutter when using fine tuning in fps override. Don´t know exactly what. But I don´t see how you can´t use native canon 24fps as it is set to now? It will then record either 23.970 or 23.980. Close enough i´d say.

2blackbar

« Reply #3057 on: July 12, 2019, 04:06:50 PM »
I can use native but i prefere fps override with exact , footage looks different with it and gives me much less rolling shutter , without fps override its not the same because i tested this extensively and i do see the difference, if native would use the same rolling shutter settings as override with exact then id use it.
I dont normally use fast shutter speed with 24fps , it was just a test so it doesnt really bother me, im not a fan of 24fps and stuttery images with high shutter.
I didnt tested how it affects 48fps.

marcelolippi

• New to the forum
« Reply #3058 on: July 13, 2019, 01:53:46 AM »
sd sandisk pro 128gb, read speed 170, four hours of shooting with the sd overclocking module, no longer reads the magic lantern firmware. Record normally from the canon menu. I've tried everything, deep format, old builds ... ideas? Anybody has the same problem?

ZEEK

• Freshman
  • EOS M - EOS M2 - EOS M50 - 6D
« Reply #3059 on: July 13, 2019, 02:15:07 AM »
no longer reads the magic lantern firmware

There are fake SanDisk Extreme Pro Cards out there, hopefully you haven't landed on one in this case. A card I used to have wouldn't allow the camera to read ML on it until I blew inside the camera card slot and it started to work again. Otherwise, format to exFAT on a pc/Mac. I use Lexar Professional 128GB and it works amazing.

marcelolippi

• New to the forum
« Reply #3060 on: July 13, 2019, 02:42:07 AM »
I checked all the indicators just arrived from amazon: true sd sandisk. It worked until we had this problem, I shot a documentary, 4 hours of recording

Walter Schulz

• Contributor
« Reply #3061 on: July 13, 2019, 09:38:48 AM »
Sounds like you formatted the card with a cardreader or inside a cam without ML or inside an ML cam with Q option activated -> card no longer bootable.
Easiest workaround: Reinstall ML.
Photogs and videographers: Assist in proof reading upcoming in-camera help!. Your input is wanted and needed!

sirminder

• New to the forum
« Reply #3062 on: July 13, 2019, 11:23:03 AM »
Sounds like you formatted the card with a cardreader or inside a cam without ML or inside an ML cam with Q option activated -> card no longer bootable.
Easiest workaround: Reinstall ML.
So are you suggesting to format a card Twice? Once prior to installing ML and then again after installing ML?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Danne

• Contributor
« Reply #3063 on: July 13, 2019, 12:07:59 PM »
New version:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg208959#msg208959

- x10 zoom aid now also works with photo mode if kept enabled in crop mode while in photo mode
- renamed the preset "focus aid"

In photo mode if pushing halfshutter for longer than 0.5s it goes into x10 zoom. Releasing gets you back into x1 mode. Then simply push halfshutter to take a photo. Nice to have this with manual lenses. Eosm isn´t exactly fast working getting into x10 zoom...

Curious if it´s possible to pause autofocus somehow?

Also feel like a travelled around the globe to get x10 function working when all that was needed was this:
Code: [Select]
set_lv_zoom(10);

Walter Schulz

• Contributor
« Reply #3064 on: July 13, 2019, 12:20:19 PM »
So are you suggesting to format a card Twice? Once prior to installing ML and then again after installing ML?

Sorry, where in my answer did I suggest to format a card even once?
Photogs and videographers: Assist in proof reading upcoming in-camera help!. Your input is wanted and needed!

sirminder

• New to the forum
« Reply #3065 on: July 13, 2019, 04:21:16 PM »
You are correct. Nowhere in your statement did you suggest that.

However, you hinted that a possible reason for the problem was that he formatted the card "inside a cam without ML".

That left me wondering if reformatting the card after installing ML was a little known secret or just good practice.

marcelolippi

• New to the forum
« Reply #3066 on: July 13, 2019, 04:45:30 PM »
I have another card I make comparisons with it, I formatted the bad one from the pc, then from the eos and finally loaded the build of 12 July, 11 July and 7 June. Nothing, with the other card works well, as always

Danne

• Contributor
« Reply #3067 on: July 13, 2019, 04:51:11 PM »
Well. Important now is to know if you got the card working again following Walters suggestion or not?

Walter Schulz

• Contributor
« Reply #3068 on: July 13, 2019, 07:24:32 PM »
That left me wondering if reformatting the card after installing ML was a little known secret or just good practice.

Looks like world record for long jump to conclusions is actually broken.

marcelolippi

• New to the forum
« Reply #3069 on: July 13, 2019, 08:48:04 PM »
the eos m with this card does not start anymore: first I thought about the camera, I remove the battery but nothing to do, it doesn't start. I remove the sd and format the sd in the card reader, in the meantime I start magic lantern with the other card: ML starts again. Load the defective sd reformatted on the eos and formated into eos. I remove the card and load the latest version of ML, eos m turns on, I can record from the canon menu, take photos, etc .: ML but no signs of life, the screen that would be arranged for it is empty, only the two horizontal lines of 16: 9. I have redone everything changing versions, with the other card it works, with this card nothing.

Danne

• Contributor
« Reply #3070 on: July 13, 2019, 09:41:36 PM »
But did you reinstall by updating firmware with the included ml fir?

marcelolippi

• New to the forum
« Reply #3071 on: July 13, 2019, 09:46:29 PM »
yes, but not from the card that seems damaged, I installed the firmware with three different builds from the card that works

Walter Schulz

• Contributor
« Reply #3072 on: July 13, 2019, 09:56:49 PM »
To enable the card (=make it bootable again) you have to run install from that card or you have to use EOScard/MacBoot/makebootable.sh.

marcelolippi

• New to the forum
« Reply #3073 on: July 13, 2019, 11:21:12 PM »
Thanks...I have used magic lantern since 2012 but Alzheimer is progressing quickly... :) :)   :)

nydahl98

• New to the forum
« Reply #3074 on: July 14, 2019, 01:05:16 AM »
I have only had Nightly. 2018Jul03.eosm202

tested crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2019Jul13.EOSM202
And there is missing some modules like ettr.
How do i include more modules?