Canon EOS M

Started by jordancolburn, December 30, 2013, 10:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jandy123

Quote from: a1ex on August 23, 2018, 10:30:13 PM
At first, Magic Zoom used the Zoom In button for toggling; that would require one click to enable the zoomed window and another click to disable it. However, on some models, the Zoom In button did not work while recording (the MPU just does not send these events); in this case, half-shutter was used instead, but the overall logic wasn't changed. I assume you want it to be displayed only while holding half-shutter, right?

Yes, this is what I'm after.

Quote from: a1ex on August 23, 2018, 10:30:13 PM
The toggling logic is in zebra.c, handle_zoom_overlay.

Ok, I'll have a look and see if I can manage. I'll post here my findings.

Anyways, thanks for your help !

jandy123

@a1ex: I've been trying to modify handle_zoom_overlay() to show the zoom overlay only while half pressed; unfortunately without success...  It works if I press and then release half shutter (so it shows up and the disappears), but if I take a shot it remains on screen. This is what I've tried in handle_zoom_overlay(...) in zebra.c.

if(get_zoom_overlay_trigger_by_halfshutter()) {
      //make sure zoom overlay is not shown and show it
      if (!is_zoom_overlay_triggered_by_zoom_btn() && event->param == BGMT_PRESS_HALFSHUTTER)
        zoom_overlay_toggle();
      //make sure it is shown and hide it
      else if(is_zoom_overlay_triggered_by_zoom_btn() && !get_halfshutter_pressed())
      //else if (is_zoom_overlay_triggered_by_zoom_btn() && event->param == BGMT_UNPRESS_HALFSHUTTER)
   zoom_overlay_toggle();     
    }   

What am I doing wrong ?

Btw. EOSM (apparently) falls under the #ifdef CONFIG_ZOOM_BTN_NOT_WORKING_WHILE_RECORDING ... #endif branch so I'm basically trying there to replace

if (event->param == BGMT_PRESS_HALFSHUTTER && get_zoom_overlay_trigger_by_halfshutter())
        zoom_overlay_toggle();

by the above.

Disease

HI there I am pretty new to all this I just got the EOS M and installed Magic Lantern and I am hooked already.

I wondered how can I help?

I wanted to play around with pushing the frame rates higher, I couldn't work out how to get it into 3x crop mode to get rid of moire and aliasing.

Still getting used to things. So the ML menu just over rides everything in the standard canon menu? I am on 25p but in the ML menu it says 30p.

I am just reading into everything now and it is all quite complex and overwhelming but if I can do some testing or reports to help I will as I would like to use this cam to shoot a documentary and have some more reliability and functionality, not that it will be overnight but every little counts right?

Is there a way to shoot in log profile in standard 1080 25p reliably?

Anyway a lot of questions so leave it at that. And greeting to you all. Dom.

ricardopt

Quote from: Danne on August 07, 2018, 03:17:46 PM
Here is a version with filled preview screen in mv1080p. Didn´t test so please report back.

Finally got around to play with this build, i didnt follow the "guide", i just selected crop_rec, mlv lite, lua and sd-uhs, selected mv1080p, 1:1 aspect ratio, 1736x1120 resolution, 14 bit and enabled the sd card hack under scripts...so far so good, sometimes i manage to get 2 seconds sometimes 12 seconds, i'm using the Kingston Canvas Go 64GB class10 UHS-I U3 v30 sdcard, got some purple flashe's artifacts on some clips.

Danne

Cool. Set it to 24fps for continuous action.
What's up with the black border on the left?

ricardopt

Quote from: Danne on August 26, 2018, 10:17:10 PM
Cool. Set it to 24fps for continuous action.

Will test it further this week

Quote from: Danne on August 26, 2018, 10:17:10 PMWhat's up with the black border on the left?

you mean both left and right? I forgot to adjust the width to 1920... 1920-1736=184.... 92px black bars were added to each side...i was in a hurry and only noticed it after render.

one of the things that i miss compared to the older build i was using is the ability to use magic zoom, i only use manual focus and magic zoom was very usefull to focus things...i tried pressing the zoom button but it doesnt do anything.

briwil

Sorry if I'm being daft, but I can't find the TFT_SIO mo for flipping/mirroring the EOSM's screen anywhere. I see a bunch of old posts by people like @DFort, and mentions it being on his bitbucket page, but I don't see it there. Has this module just died off?

dfort

The TFT_SIO module is a development tool. You should be able to compile ML before playing around with it:

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/src/tft_lcd/modules/tft_regs/

hg update -C tft_lcd

briwil

Quote from: dfort on August 28, 2018, 04:51:44 PM
The TFT_SIO module is a development tool. You should be able to compile ML before playing around with it:

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/src/tft_lcd/modules/tft_regs/

hg update -C tft_lcd

ok  :( I've got some research to do tonight.

[email protected]

Now with this non-crop mode thanks to the 1080mlv is that possible to shot non-crop without aliasing ?
Thanks

EOS M dude 1

I use the latest Danne build a lot and have some feedback.

The white level error is easy to correct in post but it seems like it affects autofocus. Autofocus does't work well now.

I use 2520 * 1146 resolution and it gets a good image quality. I use 24 fps and get almost continous recording. It's essential to get highest resolution as possible because the higher the resolution the less noise and sharper image quality even looking at a monitor with lower resolution. I would love to have a resolution at 2560*xxxx because then it will be in 1440p in Youtube. If you upload in 2520 you get only 1080p. So now I upscale before I upload.

It would be nice to have 10 bit (and 8 bit) lossless and working liveview in 3K.

The camera locks up if you try to take pictures when croprec is activated now. It would be nice if this could be fixed.

The most fantastic thing would be if the writing speed could be even higher with a revision 2 of SD hack.

Danne

Quote from: EOS M dude 1 on September 04, 2018, 09:30:52 PM
I use 2520 * 1146 resolution and it gets a good image quality. I use 24 fps and get almost continous recording. It's essential to get highest resolution as possible because the higher the resolution the less noise and sharper image quality even looking at a monitor with lower resolution. I would love to have a resolution at 2560*xxxx because then it will be in 1440p in Youtube. If you upload in 2520 you get only 1080p. So now I upscale before I upload.

If you use this build:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads/magiclantern-Nightly.2018Jul25.EOSM202_2K-3K-4K_10bit_patch_g3gg0.zip

And enable the 3k hack in crop_rec you can set it effectively to something like 2560x1164 and fps override to 24 fps.

EOS M dude 1

@Danne

If i remember correctly there is only 10 bit lossless with 2,5K.

And no liveview while filming in 3K.

Muwex

Hi!

Where can i download latest Canon EOS-M build for 2.0.3 firmware that i am currently rocking? :)

Cheers!  8)

dfort

EOSM.203 isn't mainline yet but I'm posting test builds on my Bitbucket downloads page.

Muwex

Quote from: dfort on September 13, 2018, 03:56:29 PM
EOSM.203 isn't mainline yet but I'm posting test builds on my Bitbucket downloads page.

I tried to install this: crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd.2018Aug06.EOSM2103.zip

When i try to update firmware it says: Update file cannot be found.
Please cheack the memory card and reload the battery and try again.

Do i do something wrong?
I try to install it same way as i would do other builds (nightly)

critix

Format card in cam...then copy from zip and make card bootable with eoscard...
Then try...
Quotecrop_rec_4k_mlv_snd.2018Aug06.EOSM2103.zip
is for EOSM2, not EOSM
Canon 1300D, 500D, EOS M, EOS M2

Muwex

Quote from: critix on September 13, 2018, 06:00:25 PM
Format card in cam...then copy from zip and make card bootable with eoscard...
Then try... is for EOSM2, not EOSM

Oh mate now i feel stupid, EOSM2... daaamn!

dfort

It is a bit confusing but there is a working ML-SETUP.FIR for the EOSM.203 that will set the camera and card bootflag.

critix

Yes, but @Muwex tried to use the EOSM2 version, instead of the EOSM version ...
Canon 1300D, 500D, EOS M, EOS M2

dfort

That's the confusing part. The way the build scripts name the files it is hard to tell the EOSM from the EOSM2 because the EOSM firmware starts with a number 2 and there is no delimiter between the camera name and the firmware version.

For example:

magiclantern-Nightly.2018Sep13.EOSM203.zip (EOSM.203)

vs.

magiclantern-Nightly.2018Sep13.EOSM2103.zip (EOSM2.103)

Muwex

But i got it working now when i found right version! :)

THIS INSTALLED: crop_rec_4k_mlv_lite_snd.2018Mar10.EOSM203.zip

Will post if i have something! :)
Thanks!

12georgiadis

Hi All,

Is it possible to get 24 fps, 1080p raw 8...11 bit lossless & h264 proxy on EOS-M by using SD hack ? When we use 8...11, is it darker than usual on liveview or normal ?
Thanks

dfort

Only problem is the H.264 proxy. I haven't had much luck with it on the EOSM. I believe that the LiveView brightness when switching to various bit depths and lossless compression has been fixed--at least I don't see the problem on the latest versions.

12georgiadis

Quote from: dfort on September 16, 2018, 08:02:58 PM
Only problem is the H.264 proxy. I haven't had much luck with it on the EOSM. I believe that the LiveView brightness when switching to various bit depths and lossless compression has been fixed--at least I don't see the problem on the latest versions.
Thank you for the update Dfort. Do we have continuous rec in 1080p 24fps 14bit lossless +12 bits lossless with eosm  or only with 8...11bits ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk