Canon EOS M

Started by jordancolburn, December 30, 2013, 10:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teamsleepkid

Really loving raw on the M. Looks like 16! I'm on a Mac and I'm using pink dot remover and morse keeper to output prores. Looks nice and I'm using the Alexa log-c profile. 2 things... It's kinda noisey and it's a bit hard to focus even with the magic focus box.. Ideas?
EOS M

Teamsleepkid

Not morse keeper... Autocorrect. Mlraw viewer.
EOS M

nothing

Quote from: Teamsleepkid on May 01, 2016, 02:05:54 AM
I'm using the Alexa log-c profile.

Where did you get the Alexa profile?

Teamsleepkid

Log c is built right into mlrawviewer. You can get log c to rec 709 lut from arri website. Haven't really got it looking right yet though still testing.
EOS M

spe42

So just thought I'd ask for some help: I posted some issues I was having with a previous nightly build (unfortunately don't know which one) here http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=17187.msg166553#msg166553, however, I received little feedback. I just updated to the most recent nightly build, and my camera won't turn on now. The green light blinks, and that's it, with or without the memory card. What does this mean and is there anything I can do about this?
If I remove both the memory card and the battery and keep the memory card out after putting the battery back in, the camera will at least turn on, and otherwise seemingly behave normally.
I noticed something strange right before I formatted the card in the camera: I couldn't select the "light formatting" option by pressing the "info" button, which parallels another problem I reported having in my other thread (that I could no longer disable the ML overlays by pressing the "info" button).
the wrong man for thhe wrong job

slvrscoobie

Hey Guys,
Im using an OLD version because, well, it doesnt seem to exhibit the shutter bug. (oct 8,2014)
However, I dont use much of the ML features, mainly its just to turn off that damn'ed touch shutter function. I do this by turning off global draw, and basically left with the std canon SS and A numbers, and exposure dial. I like this since it draws a box around which one your adjusting in Aperture. The ML version doesnt so its a crap shoot, and quite slow to update.
However, the one problem with this is that the numbers only appear while the shutter button is held. :/
Is there another way to accomplish this? I turned off most of the ML features, and auto hid is disabled but I cant find a good way to get the SS/A/Comp to show all the time like it normally does.

CharlesVV

Hi all, I'm new here and very interested. Can I use the ML for Eos M also on the M2? Is there any solution for the shutter problem? Thanks!

josepvm

No, it does not work on EOS-M2.

And no, there is not a known way to solve the shuttter bug. But there are ways to minimize it, mainly using some SD card brands and models that usually do not experience the bug.

Both questions have been already asked and answered many times in this thread. So please, read the thread from the beginning before posting.

alias

hey guys
im using ML whit eos M.... i have a problem, my camera gets very hot, even when I turn it off,
What should I do???
plz help

Licaon_Kter

Is anyone else getting the camera starting all by it self when hanging from your neck?

I use the boxed strap either straight down on my belly or on my side, and it happens all the time eating the small battery away. ;(

Tried to repro this and handle it, pressing the buttons, to no avail.
Also, while you could get it in PictureView mode (my first suspect) by long pressing the PLAY button, I DON'T find it in THAT mode but rather in Normal picture shooting mode or ML menu.

dfort

Quote from: Licaon_Kter on May 22, 2016, 06:07:14 PM
Is anyone else getting the camera starting all by it self when hanging from your neck?

I had that happen a few times using the stock Canon neck strap. Once it even turned on the touch shutter release option (which I never use) so I ended up with a bunch of oddly frames stills. Not sure how it turns on but I haven't been able to reproduce the problem. I've gotten used to powering down the camera in order to save the battery so it isn't an issue for me.

Licaon_Kter

Quote from: dfort on May 22, 2016, 08:41:17 PMI've gotten used to powering down the camera in order to save the battery so it isn't an issue for me.
Umm, it's powered down and it starts here, in case I wasn't clear enough..   :'(

DeafEyeJedi

@Licaon_Kter -- Does this happen with latest nightly or any build?

I'll try to reproduce on my end but not sure where to start?

Haven't seen anything like this on my end on top of my head.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Licaon_Kter

Had this like forever, not sure if it's ML related though.

kosmarnik

Hi, I'm having issues with Advanced bracketing.
I set it up for 3 x 2ev, +++ , Exposure, no delay, no iso shift.
The results are chaotic.

Test:
Drive mode set to single:
2 photos, 0, +2ev, exposure left untouched
4 photos, 0, 0, +2ev, +4ev, exposure changed to 0+2ev
2 photos, 0, +2ev, exposure left untouched

At this moment I remembered I should use the latest nightly :-
Switched to Nightly.2016May16
Getting this results:
2 photos, 0, +2ev
3 photos, 0, 0, +2ev
2 photos, 0, +4ev
3 photos, 0, 0, +6ev

Everything is set to default settings.
4 photos, 0, +2ev, 0, +4ev

Such behavior makes the ML bracketing useless for me.

kosmarnik

Shoot preferences: pics at once set to 3
Using the Audio remoteShot, only 2 pics are taken.

Weird. I set it up to 4 pics at once, it takes 3.
Testing some more, and it does 2-3 pics.
Inconsistent.
Seems to be related to shutter speeds.
Set it at 5 pics per shot, so far it does 3, but remains to be seen if it will actually be reliable.

spe42

So I just uninstalled ml from my eosm, and now it's continuing to produce a similar issue as when I had ml installed:
when I try to take a photo, it simply won't. The overlays flash off for a second, and the camera doesn't take a picture.
It did the same thing after I had enabled, and then disabled silent picture mode, so I'm somewhat confused.
Can somebody help me out with some information? What happened? Is there anything that can be done?
The camera still works with ML running and with silent picture enabled, but has it permanently affected the camera?

Walter Schulz

Sounds like you haven't uninstalled ML from the cam (= removed cam's bootflag). Run installation once again and wait for timeout. Reboot cam.
Retry and report.

spe42

That is exactly what I did. I didn't know how else to uninstall it, so I let the automatic timed uninstall run, after which I noticed these issues. I have since reinstalled ML and confirmed twice that I can't take photos without full res silent pictures enabled. Without silent picture enabled, it won't do anything except something that seems to resemble the EOSM shutter bug (so I'm told) however, I have not yet experienced an actually locked shutter. Without silent picture enabled, all that happens when I try to take a photo is that the screen overlays (M mode, shutter, expo., etc.) disappear, then reappear. Thus far (three times including before uninstall and reinstall) it has consistently proved the case that I can work around the issue by enabling silent picture, but it has to be set to full resolution, otherwise a text box appears that says "preparing..." in place of taking a photo.

alias

hey guys
im using ML whit eos M.... i have a problem, my camera gets very hot, even when I turn it off,
What should I do???
some body help me, if i using ml my cameraŁˆ it can break??????

Licaon_Kter

What ML build?
What do you do? Pics? H.264 video? RAW video?

alias

using the last version,

It is hot, even when turned off :-[

Licaon_Kter

It does get hot while used, but it should not be hot while off though.

farmfield

Whomever solved the ML meny exiting thingie, much appreciated. The last build is so friggin nice. :D

harrynkl

sorry guys, If this a repeat question from other.
Is EOS M10 capable of shooting with ML?