Canon EOS M

Started by jordancolburn, December 30, 2013, 10:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeafEyeJedi

I second that, Mate!

Glad we caught that and yet more to come for this little fun Toy!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

DeafEyeJedi

*Fun Stuff*

Not really since it was rather difficult to see the LCD screen under the bright sun @ the Beach...  Lots of OOF's 8)

workflow as follows:

cr2hdr-r > FCPX

https://vimeo.com/137108865

https://vimeo.com/137108864

*edit*

MLVFS > FCPX (For Dual-ISO comparisons)

https://vimeo.com/137110121

Danne

Are you getting 45fps in raw unsqueezed footage?

DeafEyeJedi

Danne

Nice one. Makes me hope for 48fps unsqueezed on 5D mark 3  :P.
Think I found the log issue in HDR raw folder. It affects RAW files. Thanks for reporting.

kosmarnik

I'm a bit silly, but how does one record video with a manual lens (using a mechanical lens adapter)?

Silly indeed. Under Custom Functions (C.Fn), select no. 7 (C.Fn IV): Operation/Others Release Shutter w/o lens, enable.

ac1964

Hi,

This is my first post and its probably a noob question.
how is it possible to display the ML menu like it is displayed on the EOS M on the homepage
http://www.magiclantern.fm/index.html

Walter Schulz

In ML menu press Info to toggle menu design.

ac1964

Quote from: Walter Schulz on September 01, 2015, 01:32:00 PM
In ML menu press Info to toggle menu design.
Thanks Walter,
I tried that but it doesn't change the layout to the grid format.
I'm using the last nightly build that compiled successfully, 2015April19

Walter Schulz

I meant the other Info button labeled Menu ...

ac1964

Quote from: Walter Schulz on September 01, 2015, 02:00:53 PM
I meant the other Info button labeled Menu ...
Walter, you are a *
Thanks v much

Kiliam

Hi guys.
Been using ml in eosm for about a year now. I use only the 22mm lens.
Today i was testing some ml functions and i think i broke it  :'(.
I was testing intervalometer with autofocus and manual focus ramp, when i wanted it to stop it didnt so i tried turning it off and at power on it hanged while focusing, and i had to remove the battery to turn it off again.
Now i dont have autofocus in manual modes, it works in auto mode and in the creatives modes but if i use M, Av, Tv or P it dont work. I have reseted the camera and ml settings, tested with another card and battery. No matter the camera settings AF or AF+manual.
Is there a way to try to reinstall v2.02 firmware in the camera? Dont know what else to try really.
Thanks

Edited-Reinstalled v2.02 in the machine and now life is good again. Thanks

Licaon_Kter

Pressing * ( star ) in M/Tv/Av mode does focus, right?
If it does, then go to Canon menu, custom functions CFn IV 5 and I guess is in mode 1 or 3, so you need to put it in 0 or 2 ;)
( page 282 Canon big M manual )

Kiliam

I tried all that settings too, i reseted the canon settings and ml settings and nothing.
Now with v2.02 reinstalled and card formated and ml reisntalled all works as it should.
Thank you for your quick reply.

dfort

Did you have to reinstall the Canon firmware? Usually all that's needed to clear out your settings is on the Canon menu, 4th wrench all the way to the right, Clear settings, Clear all camera settings and/or Clear all Custom Func. (C.Fn) then on your SD card look in the ML folder > settings > and delete MAGIC.CFG.

yalcin_savas

Hi all... I have two issues and I'd be glad if somebody who are familiar with these could inform me:

I was using my EOS-M in PAL setting.
Than noticed that, in 24fps setting in Canon menu, ML indicates that it is decreased from 30fps
and it shows the shutter angles I adjusted as per 30fps but not as per 24fps.
Now I use it in NTSC setting in general. When I set it 24fps in Canon menu ML shows 29.958-29.953 on the screen.
When I turn on recording or when I set 1.6 crop mode in ML menu, than ML shows 23.970-23.980 on the screen.
When 1.6 crop mode is turned on in ML menu, automatically Canon fps setting changes to 30 fps, whatever the video mode is, PAL or NTSC.

Are these normal?

Licaon_Kter

During record mode or ML menu?

I ask because when NOT recording it's on 30fps no matter what setting.

Once you begin recording it will do it at the desired fps.

Maybe you can detail exactly the steps you set up and the result?

Justkeepexploring

I would like to thank everyone who has worked on ML for the EOS M as well as all the contributers to the discussion thus far. It's so cool to have access to all these rad features canon didn't see fit to provide for us.  I think I how the answer already but being that the last successful nightly was in April, I assume that until whatever has broken the nightly is resolved that is the most recent build we can use. Is that a correct assumption?   Also- has anyone been able to compile a more recent build for the EOS m and if so, is it much better than the April build?

Thanks!

Licaon_Kter

There are a couple of fixes/improvements in the pipline but nothing earth shattering. I guess that once a1ex comes back they'll be officially integrated too.

Any major bug encountered?

dfort

Hi @Justkeepexploring

Welcome to the forum. To see exactly what has been going on with development check out the Magic Lantern section of bitbucket, specifically the most recent commits to the unified branch which is what gets pushed to the nightly builds.

Regarding the EOS-M, check out the current pull requests to see if there's anything interesting in the pipeline and the open issues for any gotchas.

Justkeepexploring

@Licaon_Kter, thanks! Nope everything is working pretty nice, no major bugs here!

Justkeepexploring

@dfort, thanks! I will check out these links, very helpful!

Mcpackin

Hello,

I have been using the build from Aug 13th and I have noticed a few things that could be normal or possibly a bug?

1. When using the MagicZoom feature in video mode once recording starts it will begin to flicker.

2. When in video mode and selecting shutter speed or aperture after a few seconds the selection will reset to shutter speed.. Is there a way to default to having the aperture selected? Is it possible to change the color of the text for which ever is selected?

3. Is there a way to show what the white balance is currently at in kelvin when in auto mode like below?

Licaon_Kter

Quote from: Mcpackin on September 17, 2015, 01:32:47 AMI have been using the build from Aug 13th and I have noticed a few things that could be normal or possibly a bug?
1. Fixed here ( https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-requests/650/dpjpandone-fixes-magic-zoom-flicker-on/diff ) I guess, once a1ex pulls it anyway.
2. Canon UI does this too, not sure ML can force it otherwise. Although it would be useful to highlight it, like: https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issues/2257/selected-wheel-setting-marked
3. Not that I know.

Mcpackin

Quote from: Licaon_Kter on September 17, 2015, 10:58:18 AM
1. Fixed here ( https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-requests/650/dpjpandone-fixes-magic-zoom-flicker-on/diff ) I guess, once a1ex pulls it anyway.

Is this fix not present in the Aug 13th build? Also I am experiencing the flicker when not in movie crop mode, just regular movie mode.