Canon EOS M

Started by jordancolburn, December 30, 2013, 10:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kosmarnik

Hi,
using magiclantern-Nightly.2015Mar03.EOSM202 I still get only old silent pictures, no FRSP.
What version has the FRSP?

Walter Schulz

The one compiled by you.

kosmarnik

Quote from: Walter Schulz on March 10, 2015, 03:42:11 PM
The one compiled by you.
I was under the impression that if was merged in the main branch from which the nightlies are compiled?

Licaon_Kter

Quote from: kosmarnik on March 10, 2015, 03:59:41 PMI was under the impression that if was merged in the main branch from which the nightlies are compiled?
I compiled it  ( this VM updated: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7579.0 w/ updated gcc-arm to 4.8.4 as the included one failed: https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded/4.8/4.8-2014-q3-update ) for myself yesterday ( commit 666c09b ): http://we.tl/p1e78AKUef

Do keep in mind there are some issues: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12523.msg142216#msg142216

arthurpattee

Hi there, I've ordered my EOS M this afternoon, and I'm planing to install ML as soon as I receive it. But I've few interrogations :/
I saw that the last build has a shutter issue, is it still the case? Is there any kind of stable version?
I'm buy the M because I wanna shoot videos with it, does anyone has found good settings to do so?
Thanks for your help, really excited to soon be part of this community!  :)

skogstokig

Hi all,

I´m trying to use magic lantern on my EOS M to shoot bracketed spherical panoramas. I want to use my IR remote to trigger the camera but I'm having some trouble making this work in combination with magic lantern. A lot of the time it will not shoot all the brackets and most of the time it is doing the 10 sec delay/timer before each exposure. This is not happening with every try though, and the results seems, to me, quite random. Anyone have any experience with this and know a good workaround?

Licaon_Kter

Quote from: arthurpattee on March 13, 2015, 09:57:44 PM
I saw that the last build has a shutter issue, is it still the case?
Apparently it is: https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issue/1893/eos-m-shutter-bug
I don't have it myself but I might be a lone case.

Quote from: arthurpattee on March 13, 2015, 09:57:44 PM
Is there any kind of stable version?
Not really, always get the latest build: http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/ -> EOSM.202 as it's better to report issues having the latest version anyway.

silverburn

Ok, so just got my 2.0.2 and flashed it immediately with ML.

What are the best settings for video? I would like to retain the 1080, 16:9 size, and it will be used on a gimbal on a drone...what are my options?

I have the 22mm lens.

swheads

Does anyone know if ML will allow me to tether my EOS M? I hope to be able to use it with a microscope but I really need to be able to control the camera from a computer adjacent to the scope.

vertigopix

No and i think that this will never happen...

arthurpattee

Thanks for your answer, I'll try out soon anyway!
And I have the same question that Silverburn, does anyone shoot in video mode with the M? :)

dfort

I shoot video mode with the M. In fact I shot some tests with the idea that I'd do my "real" shooting with a higher end camera but the EOS M performed so well that I'm using it for a documentary I'm doing.

I'm not shooting raw, increasing the H.264 bit rate or anything like that. My settings are the standard 1080p 23.976fps. The ML features that I use the most are the audio metering, focus peaking and 3x crop mode. The crop mode is particularly interesting because I mostly use prime lenses and it is like having two lenses without having to change lenses. It doesn't seem to reduce the resolution and people report that moire and aliasing artifacts are greatly reduced or eliminated though I haven't had problems with this because of my subject matter and I always shoot with a flat profile.

By the way, the most important setting seems to be the profile. I use Technicolor Cinestyle because that's what I started my project with but there are several others. The best advice I can give is to test, test, test and then shoot a lot.

The EOS M is a fun camera for video. You can set it up to look like a point and shoot camera to go stealth or attach cine lenses on it and it looks like you're using a director's viewfinder. Of course you can also put it on a shoulder rig or strap it on a drone.

Licaon_Kter

Got the M1 build compiled again:
What's changed:
*updated to the latest FRSP commit e6e9753
*bypassed the dual_iso module build error introduced in commit 9e99764 ( info here )
*bumped wait_lv_frames from 4 to 20 so one can use *-hold for AF ( just set C.FnIV to 1 or 3 ) when taking FRSP ( info in these posts )
*added the Depth of field display patch

Link: <removed>

/LE: links fixed

/LE: use the nightly, it's merged in main already ;)

DeafEyeJedi

Thanks @Licaon_Kter -- will definitely check it out and test it on the M1!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Licaon_Kter

Quote from: arthurpattee on March 19, 2015, 09:10:23 AMAnd I have the same question that Silverburn, does anyone shoot in video mode with the M? :)
Apparently someone is shooting on M1.

arthurpattee

Thank you every one! I should receive my M before the end of the week. I'll go on tests and publish the results if some of you are interested :)

gaosqq

Is there a trick to read the help files?
I only get the message: Help files not found.

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads -> Browse Nightly Builds.
What are the disadvantages of nightly builds? Second item.

gaosqq

I read all the 23 pages and nothing found about help files. Now I know why.
But as always....... Read the manual before operating........ And start reading at page 1.........
Thank you.

Licaon_Kter

Updated again, this plus these three tweaks

Link:

/LE: use the nightly, it's merged in main already ;)

drijosephadrian

Is anyone else having an issue with ML displaying the frame rate as 29.97 regardless of the actual selected frame rate? also, I can't find 1/48 shutter speed because of this.

godmode

Is it possible to rollback to original EOS M 2.0.2 firmware?
How?

Walter Schulz

First page, first post.

danielboeswald

hi guys,

i got my EOS-M (mk1) and have problems with my raws

has anybody an idea how to solve this pattern problem?

thx a lot

Walter Schulz

Pink dot remover
And visit Postprocessing forum