Canon EOS M

Started by jordancolburn, December 30, 2013, 10:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpaana

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on February 08, 2015, 09:49:34 PM
Any updates regarding FRSP for EOS-M or is that ever not going to be a possiblity?

FRSP should work fine for M in the branch since August last year, at least it did back then :)

DeafEyeJedi

Hmmm... Regular Silent Photos did work and still do but haven't been able to locate a Full_Res Silent Photo module for EOS-M as of yet.

I have been able to get FRSP to work well for both 5D3 & 7D.

Just not the M...
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Oswald

Quote from: jpaana on February 11, 2015, 09:50:31 AM
FRSP should work fine for M in the branch since August last year, at least it did back then :)
Download link? :)
7D, EOS-M & 100D.100b ΒΆ  Sigma 18-35mm, Canon 50mm F1.8, 22 STM, 8-48mm f1.0, 18-55 EF-M STM

DeafEyeJedi

GUys-

Was hoping I didnt need to bring this to your attention but I accidentally tried a unified version with FRSP compiled last night and now my M just blinks green light RAPIDLY whenever I try turning it on. Tried all 3 of my SD cards. (1 with ML & 2 without ML)

I read it somewhere that you can "Put card into cardreader, format with NTFS, insert card into cam, format it there." but didn't do the trick for some reason.

Tried using MacBoot but didn't help. Ive also used Disk Utility to erase the card and put it back in previous ML that worked before to try and format again in camera but to no avail... because it still blinks green light rapidly. Even without a card in it still blinks. Strange?

I think I may have read it somewhere that you can press the Info button to get out of it which didn't work this time but it has in the past if I can recall correctly?

Walter Schulz

Remove battery. Format card inside cardreader. Don't make the card bootable. Insert card, insert battery. Startup.
Report results.

DeafEyeJedi

@Walter Schulz:

Indeed, that did the trick. I think previously I may have messed up the order with taking out the battery and putting it back in first before the card after NTFS'ing it -- That's a big NO-NO!

https://vimeo.com/119370912

Now off I go and try again with the newly compiled FRSP for the M.

Thanks again to you for your clarifications & @jpanna for the FRSP build!

*EDIT*

:D  [emoji119] [emoji482]

jpaana

Phew, glad it worked out :)

Arte Automobilistica

Hi
I have been using ML for years in my x4 and 7D and now want to use it on my M. It is my understanding that the shutterbug does not occur on any EF/s lenses (even with IS eg 15-85) nor any manual focus lenses. Am I correct?

Thanks

dfort

I've only encountered the shutter-bug with EF/M IS zoom lenses. Don't let fear of the shutter-bug keep you from using ML on the EOS-M. It turns the M into an awesome little camera.  If the bug does bite, simple switch to a card w/o ML or turn off the camera boot flag by running the firmware update and waiting about 30 sec. before power cycling the camera. A few of us that have had the bug are bug free after reformatting the card and reinstalling ML.

bot_

Can I ask about rack focus capabilities? I hear they aren't present on the EOS M build of ML. Why not? It would be cool to be able to use the thumb wheel as a focus knob.

FRIPPE123

25 FPS ON EOS M&ML PLEASE HELP! The firmware seems great but I can't get it to run on 25fps. Anyone knows?

dmilligan

FRIPPE123

Thx dmilligan! Got it & Works! Would you OR ANYONE KNOW if EOS M2 would work with ML?

dmilligan

not until somebody ports ML to it

bot_

I haven't got any SD cards at the moment, and thus cannot test this out on my new-to-me M, but does the latest build have follow focus ability at all? To control autofocus lenses via the camera interface?

I would so love that. Sorry to repeat myself.

max54

Hi guys. Is it possible use magiclantern on eos m3? Has anyone done the test?

Arte Automobilistica

@dfort - thanks for your reply. My research says the same that it only occurs with ef-m IS lenses.

Off to download ML :)

DeafEyeJedi

Please REFRAIN from asking non-sense (or half-@$$) questions regarding M2 or M3.

If you would've taken the time to read the actual forum as a whole, then you wouldn't be wasting our time.

This thread is specifically for the M and only the M!

Keep it original...

Thank You!

Barrys_Bapz

I've been a Magic Lantern user for the last few years now, for the M I have refrained from installing the software as it's basically my travel camera and if the shutterbug were to occur that would be my documenting of my travels affected, does anyone have a sure way to disable the bug eg, swapping out our memory card that doesn't have ML, or do you have to wait until you're out a computer to format?

What would greatly help is if someone had a sure 'simple' way to fix the issue, for Windows users and then if anything does occur then there is a safe fix.

ganselm

I'm using the 22mm, the 18-55mm and the walimex 12mm without any problems. The shutterbug occurs on the tamron 18-200mm, but since it can be removed by loosening the lens once after turning on the camera I just do that and keep the camera turned on as long as I need it.

Barrys_Bapz

I would like to refrain from reattaching lenses, my workflow is fast and I would need there to be very little margin of errors as possible, I think we would all appreciate the development of the bug in this case as ML is king, went from the Sony A7 to M and with the video quality there is a lot more from the M, and the capabilities that ML unlocks the camera is basically a beast!!!

Also at the moment I'm running into some buffer issues inside of the camera with my memory card, what would be the recommended speed of card I can go to?? Is there a right speed limit in the M?

Thanks

ganselm

Afaik the SD card controller is the bottleneck. You should be able to find more information somewhere in this forum

Barrys_Bapz

Prime lenses are fantastic and a few years ago I would never of dream of using a zoom especially the 18-200, but The contrast and sharpness of these modern lenses really do performe fantastically even the M's 18-55 I would consider that possibly the best 18-55 on the market, so I have really got a love for these modern lenses sold my Canon LTM 0.95 and I was a glass snob...

I think if you know what you're doing theoretically with a camera it doesn't matter what camera you have or lens your artistic vision and execution is everything, but with the M it is quite hard to Pin the focus sharp so ML would ROCK, on this bad boy and the processor and colour rendering of the M even the way it handles noise... Totally underestimated little package, but the bug!

Barrys_Bapz

Can someone add a link to the speed of the SD buffer?

Walter Schulz

Suppose you're asking for SD-card interface limit in MByte/s:
Give or take