Canon EOS M

Started by jordancolburn, December 30, 2013, 10:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpreston

Regarding my problems with the DAT file, I couldn't retrieve the files.  I didn't have the patience to track down the problem.  I just loaded a new version of ML and did a couple of tests to make sure I was no longer getting the problem.  I've actually sold the 6D, now.  I continue to us ML on the EOS M even though it sometimes feels like I'm playing around with an OS that is overrun with computer viruses.  It's nothing like the good old days of ML 2.3 on my 60D.

oenopion

Thanks, that's what I assumed. Luckily this was just some b reel type stuff, so i have no patience to try to track it down either.
And I hear you about the m. I love it for the size factor for hiking, but it is not the easiest to work with right now.

supertsai

Quote from: Stedda on July 06, 2014, 09:26:59 PM
Shutter Bug, all 12 pages

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8347.msg95683#msg95683

Stedda, thanks for helping out the n00b! Glad to know that I'm not going crazy.

I'll try a different card later today and maybe try the lens twisting workaround.

khail

Is the out put on the eosm 1080, the Atomos ninja star is being released today that will be a nice addition to my eosm, if the output is 1080 and if not how possible is that?

Stedda

Quote from: supertsai on July 08, 2014, 12:07:56 AM
Stedda, thanks for helping out the n00b! Glad to know that I'm not going crazy.

...maybe try the lens twisting workaround.

I do the twisting myself...
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

phnloatingman

Quote from: 2blackbar on May 07, 2014, 04:00:08 PM
use speed booster wich i already modified for M  :D

Anyone know a good tutorial to modify a speed booster to work with eos m?

2blackbar

Currently the only way is to grind your camera mount a bit and focal reducer mount, i bought cheap focal reducer from ebay for NEX, both mounts are very similar.Now my Camera mount looks like this, all lenses work normally :

zenerv

Please, can anyone explain why I cannot reach the menu?
I've installed ML like shown on youtube.
Pressing 'info' button shows me ML interface. As I could see in videos, when I tap screen with two fingers, the menu should appear. But I see a text instead:
"Magic Lantern
This is a development snapshot for testing purposes
..."

What's wrong?

Walter Schulz

As there is not only one video on youtube we have not the slightest clue what you have done, which ML version you used and why something went wrong.
That's wrong!

Audionut

Looks like the EOSM has a firmware installer.  First post has been updated.

QuoteThe nightly build is now available here:
http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/

Installation:
1) Format the card from the camera.
2) Make sure you are running Canon firmware 2.0.2.
3) Copy ML files on the card and run Firmware Update.

Uninstallation:
1) Run Firmware Update from your ML card.
2) Follow the instructions.

zenerv

Yes, I've done everything as you just told:
1) Low level format in the camera
2) checked the firmware version (2.0.2)
3) downloaded 'magiclantern-Nightly.2014Jul08.EOSM202' from http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/
4) copied unzipped files on SD card using card reader
5) run firmware update
6) after successfull update restarted the camera

The video I used as a guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSS41UOUNIg

I can try to upload the video with my process of installation, if needed.

oenopion

Quote from: zenerv on July 10, 2014, 11:11:03 AM
Please, can anyone explain why I cannot reach the menu?
I've installed ML like shown on youtube.
Pressing 'info' button shows me ML interface. As I could see in videos, when I tap screen with two fingers, the menu should appear. But I see a text instead:
"Magic Lantern
This is a development snapshot for testing purposes
..."

What's wrong?

On that intro screen, just scroll left or right and you will go into the regular menus.
It is like the screen is the 1st screen of the menus?
Once you've done that it will come up on your last used menu screen as usual.
However, it does seem to return to that screen after every power down?

tweak

Quote from: RavingRover on July 04, 2014, 10:35:28 AM
I do not see increased noise, actually next to none, but then I use higher bit rates, usually 2.0x CBR. 1 example of this was taking a still of the same shot of same scene of crop vid, the video was much better in shadows (details & low noise) and less geometric distortion.

I agree with that and also usually film with 2.5x CBR and audio enabled. I have had people comment on videos I've taken noticing better details in the shadows and also even a lack of rolling shutter.

keisconon

Hi guys, I just installed a nightly build from a couple days ago (2014Jul10).  The few enhancements that I've tried are working great.  My main uses are Focus Peaking and Magic Zoom - to aid in manually focusing my legacy lenses.

Question(s):  Is there only a single setting for Focus Peak at this time?  It seems that I can either have the featured disabled (OFF) or enabled (ON,0.5,local).  Is their some way to tweak/customize the settings and be able to cycle through those settings with a button press?  Same for Magic Zoom - can the magnified window be re-positioned to other areas on the screen?

thanks in advance!

cpreston

I would pay good money if somebody could code a way to reposition the magic zoom window while shooting on the M either through the touch screen or the keys.

velihukka

Quote from: keisconon on July 13, 2014, 09:35:35 PM
Hi guys, I just installed a nightly build from a couple days ago (2014Jul10).  The few enhancements that I've tried are working great.  My main uses are Focus Peaking and Magic Zoom - to aid in manually focusing my legacy lenses.

Question(s):  Is there only a single setting for Focus Peak at this time?  It seems that I can either have the featured disabled (OFF) or enabled (ON,0.5,local).  Is their some way to tweak/customize the settings and be able to cycle through those settings with a button press?  Same for Magic Zoom - can the magnified window be re-positioned to other areas on the screen?

thanks in advance!

You can get to submenus by tapping the screen.
I always seem to get the crappy stuff and somehow make them great.

vasconqs

Hi guys,
I'm thinking on buying an EOS M for video (short budget, I'll end up using it for vacations and the like).
I want ML because of 3 things: HDR video, focus peaking and audio metering.
I have two questions regarding ML on it:
1 - Is it stable enough for shooting a gardening vlog? I don't mind the occasional freeze (patient family crew) as long as it's workable.
2 - What kind/brand of card should I get?
Thanks

keisconon

velihukka

I always seem to get the crappy stuff and somehow make them great.

bender

hey,

got a problem with the video-mode.
i've tested some nightlybilds, but none helped.

when i start a video, some seconds later (4-8 seconds) i automaticaly stops.
wrong settings oder realy a bug?

tweak

Most likely is that you have too slow an SD card to use all the things you have enabled with ML. What SD card do you have and what are your settings?

jerrykil

#define AF_BTN_STAR 2
in consts.h doesn't work for advanced bracketing, setting it to 1 fixed some of the woes associated with focusing between shots w/ advanced bracketing on
it would be great if continuous shooting fps (like native bracketing) was possible with ML bracketing. It is much slower between captures through ML. any advice?

a1ex

Find out Canon values for this custom function, as returned by cfn_get_af_button_assignment(), then I'll tell you which one to use.

a1ex