Canon EOS M

Started by jordancolburn, December 30, 2013, 10:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glmccready

funkysound: Thanks. A simple solution that didn't cross my mind.  I'll give it  a try.

feureau

Quote from: funkysound on February 19, 2014, 05:23:59 PM
As far as I know there is no way to stop ML from loading - you have to uninstal ML or better use 2 cards. One with ML and one without.
But I agree that it is a good idea if this function would be there one day.

On other cameras you can hold the set button and turn on the camera to disable ML to load, but that doesn't seem to be implemented in EOS-M

kamaldinov

Can ML add to EOS M shut with only electronic shutter?

Oswald

Fps override + raw. Also can do silent pics. 
7D, EOS-M & 100D.100b ΒΆ  Sigma 18-35mm, Canon 50mm F1.8, 22 STM, 8-48mm f1.0, 18-55 EF-M STM

Morghus

Quote from: feureau on February 24, 2014, 08:05:23 AM
On other cameras you can hold the set button and turn on the camera to disable ML to load, but that doesn't seem to be implemented in EOS-M

Should be in one of the next nightly, and the button to hold is INFO on the M

gary2013

Quote from: Morghus on March 10, 2014, 01:02:29 AM
Should be in one of the next nightly, and the button to hold is INFO on the M
which nightly build? ML, TL or both?

a1ex

This applies to EOS-M too:

Quote from: Audionut on March 06, 2014, 01:49:24 PM
I'd rather not have any more politics of the development situation discussed in threads all over the forum.
Suffice to say.

Tragic Lantern is a personal fork.  Just like you, me, and everyone else is capable of creating our own personal forks.

This forum is for the support of Magic Lantern.  First and foremost.

[...]

Rather then speculating, and worrying about things that do not improvement the development progress.

Regards.

@gary: if you don't care about the ML project as a whole, keep using and promoting Tragic Lantern.

Morghus

Quote from: gary2013 on March 10, 2014, 04:26:44 AM
which nightly build? ML, TL or both?
ML only for now, but I'm sure it'll find its way into TL someday

gary2013

there are now two listings for the ML nightly build EOS-M. The  new one says Cleanup. Which one are we suppose to use? What does Cleanup mean? That it still needs too be cleaned or it is cleaned up and preferable?
http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/

a1ex

Cleanup is a branch where I'm doing some code refactoring; it stays there until it gets code review and some basic feedback from the other developers (or anybody who compiles ML from source). Once the changes have been reviewed and cleaned up, they get merged to nightly builds for everyone else to test out.

So, what appears in the bitbucket log may not be available right away in the nightly builds (basically this ensures you are not running truly bleeding edge code, but the new stuff did get a little testing and reviewing from some more eyeballs). Think of it as one small step to improve the overall stability of these nightly builds.

About the cleanup version in the nightly area, my best guess is that nanomad simply tried to compile this branch on the nightly server. For testing I recommend the regular builds; for everyday usage... for myself I simply compile the most recent unified (which is the same source code used to build the nightlies).

gary2013

I just tried the latest version, Mar 11 ML, for the M and I do not have the mlv/raw listings showing up in the menus even thought the modules are shown to be loaded correctly.

a1ex

gary2013

Quote from: a1ex on March 12, 2014, 10:52:02 AM
Have some screenshots?
MY bad. I think I just found it. I accidentally set the wrong thing in the Debug page. I usually set line 2 on to load all modules after a crash and I had line 1 turned on instead which is Disable all modules.  :(

a1ex

Right, I keep forgetting to update that help message...

gary2013

ML EOS-M Nightly builds are always now having different dates shown. For example, tonight's listing shows Mar 14th and after the download it shows the file as being named Mar 15th. This can be confusing at times where I think I don't need a download when I actually do need to get it. 

a1ex

Not sure where to look (have a screenshot?)

Here it shows Built on: 2014-03-15 and the file is named Mar15.

gary2013

Quote from: a1ex on March 15, 2014, 08:27:03 AM
Not sure where to look (have a screenshot?)

Here it shows Built on: 2014-03-15 and the file is named Mar15.
Here is a current screen grab from
http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/
and the actual file has a name of Mar 15th.
https://www.transferbigfiles.com/364b3205-ef9b-4de4-abf8-9a167d0f0ddf/jNytWQMfjia-gF1DwCHbBA2

EDIT-how do I directly put an image file to this post? I see the icon for add image, but then how do I get my actual PNG file in here between the [ ] ?

a1ex

Looks like a time zone issue. If I delay the nightly builds by 3 hours, should be OK for you, but still won't be solved for San Francisco users. If I delay them by 6 hours, they might be a bit too late for European users.

To embed an image, you need to paste the link to the image only (without the surrounding html stuff). Try imgur.com or dropbox.

gary2013

ML ver Mar 16th and Mar 15th will not work at all on the M. I only get a steady red led showing. Nothing else happens.

nanomad

I just tried magiclantern-Nightly.2014Mar16.EOSM202 on my EOSM and it works just fine. What firmware version do you have?

Can you try renaming the ML folder and then re-extracting the one from the zip?
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

gary2013

Quote from: nanomad on March 16, 2014, 03:21:04 PM
I just tried magiclantern-Nightly.2014Mar16.EOSM202 on my EOSM and it works just fine. What firmware version do you have?

Can you try renaming the ML folder and then re-extracting the one from the zip?
I have the latest firmware as far as I know. I am using the fir that always comes with the TL builds.

I just tried a new download of ML Mar 16, deleted the ML and autoexec on the card like I always do, then extracted the zip and copied the two files onto the card. This time, the red led does shutoff like normal when I inserted the card, but when I try to power on, it looks as if it is going to do it with the led flashing then after a couple of seconds it goes to steady red led and nothing happens except it hangs the camera and then a battery pull.

EDIT- I tired booting again and this time it worked. I have never had the steady red led hang up before except for these last two days using the ML nightly. Strange.
BUT, now the intro splash screen is stuck. How do I get past this? In the past, I just swiped the screen again to get to the ML menus.

EDIT 2, now the ML menus showed up after a minute of just sitting there with the splash screen showing. Something is acting strange doing this. Never had this behavior before.

EDIT 3, did my usual settings in ML menus. Turn off audio headphones, turn on all the modules, Debug listing 2 set to Reload modules after a crash. I shut off the camera and then rebooted and now it's back to the steady red led and it hangs there.  :-(

LAST EDIT- after trying to boot again for a few more times, it finally does start to work. Something is very wrong with the builds I have tried (many times)  the last few days.

a1ex

What modules do you have loaded?

Can you try booting without them?

gary2013

nanomad, i just thought that maybe cus I do not have eoscard used on my card, that might be doing all of this? I don't know, just guessing. But I never had any problems like this on ML builds before a couple of days ago.

gary2013

Quote from: a1ex on March 16, 2014, 04:27:47 PM
What modules do you have loaded?

Can you try booting without them?
I have all the modules loaded, six of them, except arkanoid. I just tried shutting off all modules and rebooted and it worked. I powered off and tried to boot again and it went back to the steady red led and hang... battery pull.

a1ex

Quote from: gary2013 on March 16, 2014, 04:31:58 PM
I powered off and tried to boot again and it went back to the steady red led and hang... battery pull.

This was without any module enabled?

(it's important for narrowing down)