Canon EOS M

Started by jordancolburn, December 30, 2013, 10:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary2013

Quote from: nanomad on January 22, 2014, 09:06:09 AM
We are looking for volunteers to do testing of the ML and TL ports for the EOSM to see what's needed to put it on track.

Send me a PM if you are willing to cooperate. No development skills needed, just some free time to do boring tests
FTR, I have been doing this on a daily basis since July 2013 with ML/TL on my M.

nanomad

And that's a very good thing :-)

I'm trying to put things into order though, that's why I've posted this.

Expect a PM from me soon
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

glmccready

Does the EOS M use the "Stable Release: v2.3" or is there another version I would need.  It doesn't appear to be n the "drop down" list.
I really only need the Intervalometer.  I'm am currently using it on me 550, but want a lighter camera.
Thanks,
Gary in Salisbury, MD , USA

gary2013

Quote from: glmccready on January 22, 2014, 07:13:25 PM
Does the EOS M use the "Stable Release: v2.3" or is there another version I would need.  It doesn't appear to be n the "drop down" list.
I really only need the Intervalometer.  I'm am currently using it on me 550, but want a lighter camera.
Thanks,
Gary in Salisbury, MD , USA
I have used all ML and TL builds on a daily basis without any problems. They just reemoved the M from the ML drop list but they are still developing it as well as 1% on TL. nano has asked for people to test the ML build which I just joined. You can get TL here-
http://tl.bot-fly.com/
and reply to nano here-
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3648.msg97471;topicseen#msg97471

you and I are close in MD

trappolo72

great i wait your pm for my eos-M thanks for all

John

Quote from: nanomad on January 22, 2014, 09:06:09 AM
We are looking for volunteers to do testing of the ML and TL ports for the EOSM to see what's needed to put it on track.

Send me a PM if you are willing to cooperate. No development skills needed, just some free time to do boring tests

Sent a PM to help test EOS-M.

Thanks!

Janke

Quote from: gary2013 on January 13, 2014, 03:20:51 AM
The shutterbug appears when you use the EFM 18-55 lens oin the M with ML.

Also with the 11-22 EFM lens. Got it three times in a row, even after removing battery - maybe should have left battery out for longer?

ourfriendtheatom

I'm new to ML but suppose I could help out with testing. Not ready to jump into the syntax just yet though. 

Janke

Quote from: nanomad on January 22, 2014, 09:06:09 AMNo development skills needed, just some free time to do boring tests

What kinds of tests? I've been trying out a few ML and TL builds this week, and there are some stability problems. Shutter bug, freezes (keeps blinking orange), loss of liveview in photo mode (requiring clearing all camera settings), etc.

Anything particular I can help with? I use manual lenses mainly, but have the 11-22mm and the 22mm STMs.

gary2013

Quote from: Janke on January 24, 2014, 02:24:56 PM
Also with the 11-22 EFM lens. Got it three times in a row, even after removing battery - maybe should have left battery out for longer?
pulling the battery has nothing to do with it.

Oswald

I have been playing with ML few weeks. Sometimes shutterbug appears, sometimes don't. I dont know why. Also I found another bug. When using Manual lens (c mount lens) with 3x crop mode, The record button don't work. I have to change to half sutter button then the shutter button works.? Any idea why it do that?
7D, EOS-M & 100D.100b ¶  Sigma 18-35mm, Canon 50mm F1.8, 22 STM, 8-48mm f1.0, 18-55 EF-M STM

andyfgray

Definitely let me know if I can help.  ~Andy

www.andyfgray.com

funkysound

Quote from: jordancolburn on January 13, 2014, 03:02:35 AM
After porting, it's been working well enough for me to use for small family photos and videos, but haven't used it on a real project yet.  I've been pretty busy this past week, but my short list of bugs to look at next:
-shutter speed display in menu
-canon menus overlaying ML menu bugs
-bug I'm experiencing with it hanging every few startups

Are there any news ... and if - where could I get a newer version?
EOS 600d, Tamron 17-50mm 2,8 with stab., Tamron 70-300mm, Canon 50mm 1:1,8, Sigma 10-20mm 4-5,6, Sigma 30mm 1,4,  EOS M with 18-55mm, 22mm and EF adapter, tons of more glases incl. FD/FL, EOS 70D, Canon 18-135mm STM

a1ex

This port is currently outdated, but Nanomad is trying to bring it back to speed.

It will be back on the nightly builds page when there will be some progress.

kalimerox

Hi guys,

now got a eos m for testing , I m new to all this, but couldnt find the download option for eos m-.. ;(

shall i use the tragiclantern latest download from here http://tl.bot-fly.com/ ? or is there some kind of difference to the old download?

I d like to test the clean hdmi out from the eos m I need for installation purposes..

thanks!

funkysound

I just saw that EOS M is back on the nightly bulids  :)
Does any body know what did change? On the first go I didn´t find out any difference - just realized that shutter speed is still not working.
EOS 600d, Tamron 17-50mm 2,8 with stab., Tamron 70-300mm, Canon 50mm 1:1,8, Sigma 10-20mm 4-5,6, Sigma 30mm 1,4,  EOS M with 18-55mm, 22mm and EF adapter, tons of more glases incl. FD/FL, EOS 70D, Canon 18-135mm STM

a1ex

Nanomad took care of it.

Also take a look http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html and be aware that not all of us have an EOS-M, but even so, we may still able to help if you give proper bug reports. If you say "shutter speed is still not working", I have no clue how exactly is "not working".

funkysound

Sorry a1ex - I thought you all know about this Bug.
In the video mode the shutter-speed-display just doesn´t show the right numbers like: It is 160" but shows 0" or even stranger this moment 0.-8".
In photo mode it seems to be at least better. Means ML shows nearly the right numbers like Canon info says 80" - ML shows a higher 81" or  the other way round ... canon 100" / ML 96" or canon 135" / ML 125"
If you try to change shutter speed in both modes ... very often the display jumpes for not even 1/2 a second to the org. canon info view and back to ML view.

Oh, just this moment the camera didn´t start again and showed the orange light - had to take out the batterie. But this was the first time after starting around 10 - 15 times.

That´s my experience so far.

a1ex

Well... one has to double-check FRAME_SHUTTER_TIMER and get_current_shutter_reciprocal_x1000.

There is a big quirk here from Canon (all other cameras are well-behaved): EOS-M does not configure LiveView with the real shutter speed while not recording (so the readings will be only relevant while recording). Same for FPS.

So, for standby, one might want to rely on APEX units. Also, if one can't figure out how to fix the bug, just undefine FRAME_SHUTTER_TIMER (don't leave the wrong value) and the code will fallback to APEX (which is portable, but not very exact - Canon does some unusual rounding and ML doesn't copy it - and the APEX method doesn't account for FPS override, for example, but it's easy to fix).

In photo mode, you can set exposure time of 100 seconds?! are you sure about that?

funkysound

Not 100 seconds just 1/100 - but the canon liveview display shows only the 100.

a1ex

Here, at long exposures it shows the " symbol, that's why I got confused. ML shows 1/100 at short exposures (which is in SI units - you are setting the exposure time, which is measured in seconds, not in Hz).

1%

Frame shutter timer should be right since you can do all the fancy HDR stuff with the shutter... also has the ADTG shutters.

tob

1. I installed a freshversion of 16 feb nightly to EOS M.
2. Cleared the ML settings.
3. I'm in photo mode and M.

Every time i activate the Dual ISO module I got the the message:
ISOless PH err(15)

glmccready

How do you stop ML from loading on the M.  With the t3i i just hold down the set button as it boots, but that didn't seem to work.   I did get the intervalometer to work just fine. Thanks!!

funkysound

Quote from: glmccready on February 18, 2014, 04:14:51 PM
How do you stop ML from loading on the M.  With the t3i i just hold down the set button as it boots, but that didn't seem to work.   I did get the intervalometer to work just fine. Thanks!!

As far as I know there is no way to stop ML from loading - you have to uninstal ML or better use 2 cards. One with ML and one without.
But I agree that it is a good idea if this function would be there one day.