Author Topic: Canon EOS M  (Read 835528 times)

Danne

• Contributor
Re: Canon EOS M
« Reply #3425 on: September 15, 2019, 11:38:20 AM »
When you "half-press" shutter, it shows you "framing" as long as you hold down the shutter half-way.
I mean I want "Realtime" liveview to change to "Framing" with a click of a button and stay like that, instead of going all the way into the menu to change from realtime preview into framing and then back again, if that's possible. Thanks! 
Not sure why this would be useful. Would be nice if you could explain how you use this? Anyway. INFO button is the only button left to be used here so here we go. Build below

New build:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg208959#msg208959

Toggle between Real-time and framing preview mode if assigning INFO button

ZEEK

« Reply #3426 on: September 15, 2019, 12:09:06 PM »
Legend! Thanks :)
The reason is I like to shoot stills on a tripod of landscape using 2.5k and anamorphic modes. The thing is that they obviously have a cropped live view which can be difficult to frame on the go and at times half-shutter wouldn't show framing when half-pressed. Therefore, switching quickly between realtime and framing modes with the touch of a button helps heaps.
1. I focus on the landscape in realtime, then switch to framing mode to ensure framing is correct in those cropped LiveView modes.
Thanks a lot!  ;)
EOS M - EOS M2

Danne

• Contributor
« Reply #3427 on: September 15, 2019, 12:14:58 PM »
Yes, those are valid points. But why not start out with framing mode as default suggests :)? Pushing halfshutter and you´ll gett x10 zoom focus aid. Then back to framing...

ZEEK

« Reply #3428 on: September 15, 2019, 12:37:29 PM »
Because when I start with framing mode, it would be hard to pull focus while recording at the same time, since the fps is really low in framing. But I just tested the build now and it's MAGIC. Thank you 8)
EOS M - EOS M2

Danne

• Contributor
« Reply #3429 on: September 15, 2019, 12:59:17 PM »
Hm, but when holding halfshutter while recording gets you into realtime preview. Well, now we have more ways of doing things...

ZEEK

« Reply #3430 on: September 15, 2019, 01:15:37 PM »
I just kept accidentally taking photos whilst half-pressing shutter and sometimes it would glitch to a half-screen with a white bottom half in halfshutter and then require a camera restart. It feels much better now.
EOS M - EOS M2

mix_vfx

• New to the forum
« Reply #3431 on: September 15, 2019, 02:21:51 PM »
P
I just kept accidentally taking photos whilst half-pressing shutter and sometimes it would glitch to a half-screen with a white bottom half in halfshutter and then require a camera restart. It feels much better now.

Pressing MENU twice tends to help with that. I love your request. Ultimately, it would be nice to be able to assign all buttons custom.

ZEEK

« Reply #3432 on: September 15, 2019, 02:58:53 PM »
I mean while you are in halfshutter x10. You can't double press menu whilst in x10 halfshutter . Once you let go, at times I would get a black screen after letting go of halfshutter and have to battery pull. It's seems solved now and am very happy with what the ML Team have done with the M.  ;)
EOS M - EOS M2

Danne

• Contributor
« Reply #3433 on: September 15, 2019, 03:02:41 PM »
Use sticky push. More reliable. It's hard running workarounds with movie crop mode enabled and disabled in the background, that's what causing conflicts with x10 zoom. As long as you don't rush things sticky push seems to work reliable.

ZEEK

« Reply #3434 on: September 15, 2019, 03:18:56 PM »
Sure thanks, I'll give it a go.
EOS M - EOS M2

earlph

• New to the forum
« Reply #3435 on: September 16, 2019, 11:24:09 AM »
@danne I just upgraded to the sept 15 build and tried dual iso and set base to 100 and recovery to 400 but when I leave magic lanter menu, it shows 400/400 ISO in live view. I also tried setting iso to 100 in canon menu but it doesnt work. Thank you in advance

m300

• Just arrived
« Reply #3436 on: September 17, 2019, 02:50:00 AM »
I've been playing with the 13th September build which is nice but I have a few problems.

Is it possible to turn off the x10 zoom focus aid? It's useful but if I'm shooting photos with auto-focus it can be a little annoying and doesn't seem to work with some of the video presets either.

Is it possible to change the h264 video quality?

Thanks!

lightspeed

• New to the forum
« Reply #3437 on: September 17, 2019, 03:00:51 AM »
in the nightly build how do you set the bitrate? I tried looking through the forums but could not see. I want to select 8 bit. but it will only let me select 11.

Danne

• Contributor
« Reply #3438 on: September 17, 2019, 06:46:44 AM »
New build:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg208959#msg208959

- Fix stuck iso(canon menu) when turning of gain.

I also tried setting iso to 100 in canon menu but it doesnt work. Thank you in advance
Fixed.

Is it possible to turn off the x10 zoom focus aid?
Is it possible to change the h264 video quality?
Yes, customized buttons
No, h264 bitrate was removed in this build. We choose to focus on mainly raw. I decided later to still reach h264 by choosing it from tap display list or simply turning raw video to off

earlph

• New to the forum
« Reply #3439 on: September 17, 2019, 02:13:51 PM »
Danne, just downloaded and installed the new build you posted. Certainly fixed the issue I reported but the drop-down menus in the movie tab cannot be accessed while drop-downs from other menu like shoot, expo and the others works as intended. The only affected menus are those from movie - presets, ratio, bit depth, set 25fps, max iso, custom buttons (even with touch screen) but the other toogle options from movie works as it should like raw video, and sound recording ( both have drop down menus and works as well when using touch screen), shutter lock, etc. sorry if i complain a lot I just have some time to actually test the new build. Thanks!

what I tried; format, reboot, reinstall fw.

also, I noticed there's a red circle beside the "memory patches" from debug tab. In the description (bottom) says; cache is locked down (not exactly clean) in yellow color. Also shows 3 Rom beside the memory patch. I don't know if this will be helpful info but still decided to add here

Danne

• Contributor
« Reply #3440 on: September 17, 2019, 03:21:21 PM »
Certainly fixed the issue I reported but the drop-down menus in the movie tab cannot be accessed while drop-downs from other menu like shoot, expo and the others works as intended. The only affected menus are those from movie - presets, ratio, bit depth, set 25fps, max iso, custom buttons (even with touch screen) but the other toogle options from movie works as it should like raw video, and sound recording ( both have drop down menus and works as well when using touch screen), shutter lock, etc. sorry if i complain a lot I just have some time to actually test the new build. Thanks!
I can´t really follow what´s going on here. Could you do a screen recording showing the issue?

earlph

• New to the forum
« Reply #3441 on: September 17, 2019, 04:57:18 PM »

Danne

• Contributor
« Reply #3442 on: September 17, 2019, 05:27:08 PM »
Seems modules aren't loaded properly. Could you test completely uninstalling and then reinstall again. Disabling, then enabling bootflag again maybe fixes the issue.
What specs do you have on your sd card by the way?

earlph

• New to the forum
« Reply #3443 on: September 17, 2019, 05:36:10 PM »
Seems modules aren't loaded properly
regarding that, i dont see the module tab... was it removed by default?

Could you test completely uninstalling and then reinstall again.
I just did this, uninstall firmware via format, then copy and paste file then install, still not working, I will try to re download the files.

Disabling, then enabling bootflag again maybe fixes the issue.
sorry, i dont know how to do this  :D :'(

What specs do you have on your sd card by the way?
Normal sandisk extreme pro card 95mb/s I have used it a lot of times with this camera and shot a lot of raw but I guess it's failing now??

Walter Schulz

• Contributor
« Reply #3444 on: September 17, 2019, 05:41:44 PM »
regarding that, i dont see the module tab... was it removed by default?

Default is: If shutdown is not properly done -> Don't load any module and do not show modules tab.
If you are unable to perform a proper shutdown you may change this to
Debug tab -> Modules debug -> Load modules after crash ON

sorry, i dont know how to do this  :D :'(

Reinstall and wait for timeout -> Bootflag gone.
Photogs and videographers: Assist in proof reading upcoming in-camera help!. Your input is wanted and needed!

Danne

• Contributor
« Reply #3445 on: September 17, 2019, 05:42:53 PM »
Fixed now. Crop_rec.mo wasn´t compiling. Happens sometimes after writing some commit which python can´t decipher. Not sure what´s going on.
Should be fine now though. Please test and report back.

Edit: Thanks Walter but enabling modules are excluded in this build as it´s enabled upon installing firmware.

rinski

• New to the forum
« Reply #3446 on: September 17, 2019, 05:55:51 PM »
Hello, I would like to comment that in the 16 sept. program I don't find the way to configure 1280 x 1890 4k anamorphic 24 fps by default or not, as in the 8 sept. version; only 5k 14 or 12 fps works well by default.
Thank you.

earlph

• New to the forum
« Reply #3447 on: September 17, 2019, 06:14:49 PM »
Tested dual iso, 5k ana, 1080 mcm, and info button preview, all works as intended. Thanks!!

mix_vfx

• New to the forum
« Reply #3448 on: September 17, 2019, 09:18:06 PM »
Hello, I would like to comment that in the 16 sept. program I don't find the way to configure 1280 x 1890 4k anamorphic 24 fps by default or not, as in the 8 sept. version; only 5k 14 or 12 fps works well by default.
Thank you.

You get 1464 x 1836 10bit 24fps at 2.39:1 ratio. As mentioned by Danne, if you turn off ratio, you get the 14fps mode, with full sensor readout, and 1736 x 1890.

DeafEyeJedi

• 5D3 / M1 / 7D / 70D / SL1 / M2
« Reply #3449 on: September 18, 2019, 07:00:04 PM »
I'm diggin' the new 5K ana in 14p mode big time @Danne. Especially with the full-shutter feature enabled, dial it down to 1/14th. Throw a Circular Profiler Polarizer on and you're golden!  8)
5D3.113 • 5D3.123 • EOSM.203 • 7D.203 • 70D.112 • 100D.101 • EOSM2.*