Magic Lantern Releases > Camera-specific discussion

Canon EOS M

(1/663) > >>

jordancolburn:
The nightly build is now available here:
http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/

Installation:
1) Format the card from the camera.
2) Make sure you are running Canon firmware 2.0.2.
3) Copy ML files on the card and run Firmware Update.

Uninstallation:
1) Run Firmware Update from your ML card.
2) Follow the instructions.

Thanks a1ex   //Audionut.

I moved some of the great  work 1% did to get ML functioning on the EOSM for firmware 2.02 back into the main ML code base.  I'm sure its missing some features and bugs from it's TL counterpart, but if you are interested in testing ML and helping make it stable and in sync with the code for other ML cameras for all base features, please comment here and I'll do my best to port 1%s bugfixes, or to test, create issues for new bugs and attempt to solve.  IMO, the main focus is ensuring all basic ML functions work well before branching out to things like raw video.

(I have not tried the nightly yet, but my own local compile from a few nights ago works for me)

jordancolburn:
Finally got a chance to test the nightly.  It works for me, with a couple of bugs the I plan to work on.  The canon menus seem to briefly overlay the ML menus during things like half shutter presses and autofocus face recognition, but this does not seem to affect taking pictures or video.  Also, if you switch the camera off when in 3x crop movie mode and change to a card without ML, there is no way to go back to regular movie mode without rebooting from a ML card and changing it back to uncropped movie mode.

gary2013:
thanx Jordan. The display for the shutter seems strange with all the numbers and letters. Can we get the normal 1/48 and so on back? Headphone does not work. I did record some raw at 720p24, but I don't think it is MLV. There was no playback of the file in the File Manager section like before.

Deedre:

--- Quote from: jordancolburn on December 30, 2013, 10:21:20 PM ---I moved some of the great  work 1% did to get ML functioning on the EOSM for firmware 2.02 back into the main ML code base.  I'm sure its missing some features and bugs from it's TL counterpart, but if you are interested in testing ML and helping make it stable and in sync with the code for other ML cameras for all base features, please comment here and I'll do my best to port 1%s bugfixes, or to test, create issues for new bugs and attempt to solve.  IMO, the main focus is ensuring all basic ML functions work well before branching out to things like raw video.

The nightly build is now available here:
http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/

(I have not tried the nightly yet, but my own local compile from a few nights ago works for me)

--- End quote ---

Hi, I'm new here. I've been using ML on my T2i for over two years now. So when I got my EOS-M last month I was elated to know that there was ML for it. I do mostly video with my cameras and audio controls are the most important features to me. Is there a build that has the controls featured on the homepage EOS-M pic?

Canon eos m:
I have tested the latest release of the EOS ML firmware. There are quite a few bugs and some features do not seem to be active yet. Dual ISO/ ETTR need some working on.

The pink dots while RAW recording are still seen. RAW video replay does not work.

However, I just discovered the H.264 recording at 3X zoom. And wow! This feature alone makes this release worth a million bucks.

Hope to see more coming on in the coming days, weeks and months. Thank you for the great work.

A fan of all ML  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version