OSX: Batch Convert "App" for MLV files: DNG with WAVs and Metadata

Started by dubzeebass, December 30, 2013, 05:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbytheriver

Quote from: Danne on January 10, 2014, 08:53:33 PM
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7122.0

Where it says Here inside the package

@Danne Have installed the new mlv_dump, but am still getting the same error in ACR, and only embedded camera profile available.
Do I perhaps need to purge the old version of mlv_dump somehow from usr/ ? Terminal is showing:

MLV Dumper v1.0
-----------------

Sorry to be a pain!

UPDATE: This has now been fixed by me doing a clean install of ML on the CF card. Not sure where the problem was... :o
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

Danne

Not sure whats going on here. Could be acr. Gotta try myself when I get home.
You can put older mlv dumps in the script workflow if they work

Danne

Tried. Works fine in acr 8.2 mavericks adobe cs6 over here.

timbytheriver

@Danne Thanks for checking. Maybe it's a weird gremlin in my ACR 8.3/CC/Osx 10.7.5 setup... :o

PS Just out of interest, does your ACR report your camera ID correctly i.e 'Canon 5D MkII' (or whatever) in the top bar?
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

Danne

timbytheriver

You mean mlv > raw > dng ?

I haven't tried that – not sure how actually (yet) :-[
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

Danne

Regular raw recordings and ectracted dng, s, not mlv. Is there any difference in the dngs for you?

timbytheriver

Oh, I see. Yes indeed – dngs extracted from a normal raw file work fine in various apps (RawMagic, raw2dng, raw2Cdng) reporting the ID as either 'Canon 5D2 Mk II' or 'Canikon'

It's only mlv that's giving me the error in the dng tag. :/

5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

dubzeebass

I'd post on the relevant mlv thread for exploration by the coders. Will update original post later thanks Danne.

Danne

Cool dubzeebass.
@timbytheriver
Put up the question in the main mlv thread by g3gg0. Be very specific.
//D

timbytheriver

@Danne Thanks.

Have continued the post here for anyone who's following: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7122.msg95511#msg95511

UPDATE: This has now been fixed by me doing a clean install of ML on the CF card. Not sure where the problem was... :o

5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

gian

Hi,
I have the following situation :

Mode of operation:
   - Input MLV file: 'M13-1054.mlv'
   - Convert to DNG frames
   - Output into 'M13-1054_frame_'
[ERROR] Failed to open file 'M13-1054.mlv'

MLV Dumper v1.0
-----------------

Mode of operation:
   - Input MLV file: 'M13-1054.mlv'
   - Rewrite MLV
   - Output into 'meta.mlv'
[ERROR] Failed to open file 'M13-1054.mlv'
[ERROR] Failed to open file 'meta.mlv'
rm: ./meta.mlv: No such file or directory
rm: ./meta.mlv.wav: No such file or directory
rm: ./M13-1054.IDX: No such file or directory
logout

I followed all instructions .... please help.
Thanks

dubzeebass

dubzeebass

If so there's something wrong with your file and mlv_dump can't open it... Make sure you've got the latest archive from the original post and last MLV_DUMP

arturochu

Chu

gian

Hi dubzeebass,
yes i did. I copie the MLV file iim the same directory.
My OS X version in 10.8.5.
Magic Lantern Version is 2.3 (december).
Camera : 5D MKIII

When double click on MLV file only two empty TXT file are generated.

What do you think ?

dubzeebass

Try running mlv_dump from the terminal in the same folder as: ./mlv_dump --dng filename.mlv

Let me know if it dumps.

shinokubo

Cross question from the other "Feature Request: Batch Convert MLV files to DNG" thread:

is there a way for me to set a specific destination folder, by altering or adding a line to the script?

I tried variations of altering the mkdir, mv, and cd lines to a specific folder but had no luck. The folder was made thanks to mkdir but all the .dngs just got dumped in in the same folder the .mlv was in.

By now I am copying .mlv files from the CF Card to a certain folder and then run the script in there. As the folder is on an external hdd, the time for the copying process and mlv_dump to process the files could be greatly reduced by reading from one disk and writing to another.

Any help is deeply appreciated, the same way all your work already is.

Thank you very much in advance

BlueBird

have all dng, the mlv file and the two txt files but no "WAV" file!!! why?

i get this error!!!

Quoterm: ./meta.mlv.wav: No such file or directory
logout
Canon 5D MK III with 16-35mm 2.8L II, 24-70mm 2.8L, Speedlite 580 EX II, Glidecam HD 4000

Danne

BlueBird

Quote from: Danne on January 19, 2014, 02:13:36 AM
is sound enabled in camera? Both module and in ML menu?

in ml menü? i use my rode microphone. bevor i make the mlv raw.. i creat normal hd with canon without ml.. then i start to make one raw mlv to see the difference.

how i can start audio too and how i can now make i video from the DNG files?
Canon 5D MK III with 16-35mm 2.8L II, 24-70mm 2.8L, Speedlite 580 EX II, Glidecam HD 4000

Danne

Well there,s a lot of links to follow but if you know how to film and enable raw modules you should be able to do the same to mlv.
I would suggest to follow this link and start reading
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7122.msg96859#msg96859
The first page of the link has the sound module and the mlv module needed to record audio (a wav file) which you have to synch in post.
Good luck

dubzeebass

Danne thanks for stepping in whenever people ask for help. I don't have the time nor patience for people who don't RTFM.

Danne