OSX: Batch Convert "App" for MLV files: DNG with WAVs and Metadata

Started by dubzeebass, December 30, 2013, 05:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ikurnik

Does anyone have problems with "access privileges" opening or better not opening file recursive0.4.command?

I getting error:

The file "recursive0.4.command" could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges.
To view or change access privileges, select the file in the Finder and choose File > Get Info.

But all privileges in the file are set to Read & Write.

Danne

You have to follow the steps in the first post.

"NOTE: If you get permission errors, use Terminal to go to the folder you extracted files from step #2, and write
chmod +rxw recursive0.4.command - this will give all permissions needed)"

Danne

My folder is on my desktop and I do following. Check the uploaded picture

In terminal I write as follows:

cd desktop (enter)
cd mlvaudio (enter)
chmod +rxw recursive0.4.command (enter)

Danne

problems with dng previews
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9727.0

This script gives dng-files, feel free to modify the script to get raw or something else.

maxdlsmith

Sorry for low post count, long time viewer but never needed to contribute before. Been using batch convert and i'm finding that it works great - the only issue is the recorded .wav file alway stops after 0:49 seconds, which is when the .mlv file stops and the .mo1 file begins. Is anyone else having this issue, and is there a fix that anyone is aware of?

maxdlsmith

Really sorry, card spanning was on and i didn't notice  :-[. I can confirm that MLV_REC and MLV_SND are working perfectly on the 5dmkiii

Keep up the awesome work guys!

Sthirasukha

I tested this :
1— MLVBrowseSharp / DNG+Wav
2— MLVBrowseSharp / RAW+Wav / + RAWMagic / DNG

There is a small difference between both:
1— DNG are a bit more grainy, more regular. (usable in ACR. Unusable with with Resolve 9, maybe it is on 10, I have to try)
2— DNG are less clean in the low area (more strange colors). The grain is less visible in the mid-high area. (Usable on both ACR and Resolve 9)

Midphase

This "app" is great, but is there any way to generate CDNG instead of regular DNG?

While Resolve can see DNG file sequences, as of right now Premiere is unable to import them. While I suspect that Premiere's support for CDNG is only going to get better, I doubt that it will support regular DNG files in the future.

Sthirasukha

To Midphase and g3gg0
Yes, and it would be more simple if the RAWMagic App could include the MLV files and not only Raw (for a CDNG option) because, even if MLVBroweSharp is a great App, I noticed the RAWMagic is really faster.
Do you think it's possible ?

dubzeebass

jacktortuga

markbakkerlicht

Hi eyeryone, I am new here and having some problems trying to double-click recursive0.4.command file.. I don't have enough permission to open it. When I go then in my terminal and follow the instructions it's saying this: Mac-Mini-Mark-Bakker:~ markbakkerlicht$ /Users/markbakkerlicht/Desktop/mlv chmod +rxw recursive0.4.command
-bash: /Users/markbakkerlicht/Desktop/mlv: is a directory
Mac-Mini-Mark-Bakker:~ markbakkerlicht$

I don't know what to do, tried everything..

I am not really a wizard in these thing, can someone please help?

Thanx

markbakkerlicht

Thank you so much! It finally worked! I was doing it wrong by typing 'Bureaublad' instead of 'Desktop' because I thought I had to write it in my own language.. It's gonna be a lovely sundaymorning!!

Cheers

dubzeebass

Folks, my development on this will cease as of today.

Recommend using: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=10466

March 22, 2014 note: working on dumping to another folder.

dubzeebass

I'm back ... g3ggo or danne, do either of you know how we could code this to have the MLVs dumped to a folder say on the user's desktop without moving the entire MLV over there, then dumping?

That way people could run the command from on their CF card and dump to another drive.

Danne

Hi Dubzeebass and welcome back  :) I have no idea on this unfortunately.

QuickHitRecord

Great to hear that development on this "app" will continue. This has been my go-to for MLV conversion for a while now. No issues whatsoever. Vertical stripe correction is really helpful.

The only addition that I'd like to see (and I understand this to be very complicated from the other conversion threads) is if the WAV file could be automatically associated with footage in Resolve.
5DmIII | January 27 2017 Nightly Build (Firmware: 1.23) | KomputerBay 256GB CF Cards (1066x & 1200x)

dubzeebass

Quote from: QuickHitRecord on March 22, 2014, 09:08:44 PM
Great to hear that development on this "app" will continue. This has been my go-to for MLV conversion for a while now. No issues whatsoever. Vertical stripe correction is really helpful.

The only addition that I'd like to see (and I understand this to be very complicated from the other conversion threads) is if the WAV file could be automatically associated with footage in Resolve.

Thanks man, glad to hear you find value in this. I'm not sure how we could incorporate the auto associate since I'm not clear on how to embed the metadata. I've been manually associating in Resolve. Time consuming but what ya gonna do!